Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam - Rotterdam
We are looking for a highly motivated PhD Candidate who wishes to conduct his or her PhD research in the context of a research project funded by the …
The applicants: - have research experience in the field of the humanities or social sciences, on and in Southeast Asia or the Caribbean - have completed a PhD …
- have research experience in the field of the humanities or social sciences, on and in Southeast Asia or the Caribbean
- have completed a PhD thesis in one of these fields no earlier than February, 2016
- have published at least one article in a peer-reviewed international journal
- speak at least one of the local languages of either of these areas
- preferably have affinity with new tools and research methods in audiovisual media and/or e-humanities
During their appointment the researchers:
- will conduct research within the following research clusters: State, Violence and Citizenship or Mobility and Belonging.
- are expected to prepare a project proposal which will be submitted to an external funding agency such as a NWO/VENI or ERC grant.
- will publish their thesis and write articles to be submitted to international peer reviewed journals.
Appointment will be according to the terms of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten). The function is validated in the University Function Ordening system (UFO) under the profile “Onderzoeker (researcher)”. The salary will be set, depending on education and work experience, between € 2,588 and € 4,084 per month, based on fulltime (38 hours) employment (salary scale: 10). KNAW offers an attractive benefits package.
For more information on KITLV and the research clusters we refer to our website.
We offer a one-year position starting in August or September 2018, which can be extended with one more year; coaching and a dynamic research environment; an excellent library next door; and good research facilities.