Postdoc in Antifungal drug discovery - Westerdijk Institute - Utrecht
Description of the function: A postdoc position is available in the Fungal Natural Products group. The successful applicant will focus on the exploitation of …
- Uppsalalaan, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Description of the function:
A postdoc position is available in the Fungal Natural Products group. The successful applicant will focus on the exploitation of the results of a screening for antifungal compounds in order to select and characterize lead compounds.
Specifically, the project involves:
- Analyse the results of a screening for antifungal compounds
- Purify active compounds and characterize their biological activities and toxicity
- Determine the chemical structure of active compounds
This project aims at characterizing novel antifungal compounds and contributes to solving the increasing problem of multi-drug resistant pathogenic fungi. The postdoc will work in close collaboration with a technician from the Collemare group. The project will involve collaborations within the WI, and with the Hubrecht Institute, Utrecht University and University Medical Centre of Utrecht.
Requirements. We are looking for candidates with:
- PhD in organic chemistry or in biology with experience in chemistry methods
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Team player attitude
- Experience with HPLC-MS, HRMS and NMR is required.
- Experience with microbiology, especially with fungi, is appreciated
Salary: According to “CAO-Nederlandse Universiteiten” (CAO-NU), depending on experience scale 10 excluding 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus. We offer an extensive package of fringe benefits. Duration: Initially one year with a potential extension.
We will not respond to any supplier enquiries based on this job advertisement.