Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Postdoc position in a project which focusses on mineral mining of soils and soil bioremediation using combination of bacteria, fungi and plants - NIOO-KNAW - Wageningen
The primary focus of the department of Microbial Ecology is to understand the ecology, diversity and functions of microorganisms in natural and man-made …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3255 - € 3514 per maand
The primary focus of the department of Microbial Ecology is to understand the ecology, diversity and functions of microorganisms in natural and man-made ecosystems. Within the department we are looking for a post-doc in a project which focusses on mineral mining of soils and soil bioremediation using combination of bacteria, fungi and plants. Within this project laboratory as well as greenhouse experiments will be carried out using state of the art microbiological, genomic, analytical chemical as well as electron microscopic techniques. The project team will consist of a technician, NIOO scientist and a number of companies. The project will offer excellent opportunities to interact with various stakeholders in the field soil bioremediation and sustainability. The project period is 2.5 years
- PhD in microbiology, with a focus on fungal and or bacterial genomics
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience with isolating and cultivating fungi and bacteria and has good biochemical, physiological and genomics knowledge.
- Highly motivated candidate with creative, critical and conceptual thinking skills
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken) and the ability to work in a team are essential
This is a temporary appointment, initially for 6 months and upon satisfaction to be prolonged for a maximum of 2,5 years (1fte). The PostDoc position is for 2,5 years.
Salary depends on training and work experience. The gross salary starts at € 3,255,- per month (scale 10.4), with a maximum of €3,514,- per month (scale 10.6) based on a full-time appointment under the Collective Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten). This does not include 8% holiday pay and a an end-of-year bonus. We also offer an extensive package of fringe benefits.
Additional information is available upon request from Dr. Paul Bodelier email@example.com tel:+31 (0317)-473431.
Information on NIOO-KNAW can be found on the Internet: http://www.nioo.knaw.nl
We will not respond to any supplier enquiries based on this job advertisement.