Postdoc Position to work on Antifungal drug discovery - Westerdijk Institute-KNAW - Utrecht
The Westerdijk Fungal Biodiversity Institute invites applications for a Postdoc to work on Antifungal drug discovery. Description of the function: A …
- Uppsalalaan, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Westerdijk Fungal Biodiversity Institute invites applications for a Postdoc to work on Antifungal drug discovery.
Description of the function:
A postdoc position is available in the Fungal Natural Products group. The successful applicant will focus on the exploitation of the results of a screening for antifungal compounds in order to select and characterize lead compounds.
Specifically, the project involves:
- Analyse the results of a screening for antifungal compounds
- Purify active compounds and characterize their biological activities and toxicity
- Determine the chemical structure of active compounds
This project aims at characterizing novel antifungal compounds and contributes to solving the increasing problem of multi-drug resistant pathogenic fungi. The postdoc will work in close collaboration with a technician from the Collemare group. The project will involve collaborations within the WI, and with the Hubrecht Institute, Utrecht University and University Medical Centre of Utrecht.
- PhD in organic chemistry with experience in microbiology, or in biology with experience in chemistry methods
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Team player attitude
- Experience with HPLC-MS, HRMS and NMR is required.
- Experience with microbiology, especially with fungi, is appreciated
As soon as possible.
Initially one year with a potential extension after positive evaluation.
Any acquisition further to this advertisement will not be appreciated.