Ongeveer 18 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
Postdoctoral Researcher Palm Oil Conflicts and Access to Justice in Indonesia - KITLV-KNAW - Leiden
KITLV is looking for a talented and enterprising researcher to manage and implement the NWO research programme ‘Palm Oil Conflicts and Access to Justice …
- Reuvensplaats, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 34 uur
- € 2709 - € 3514 per maand
KITLV is looking for a talented and enterprising researcher to manage and implement the NWO research programme ‘Palm Oil Conflicts and Access to Justice in Indonesia’. The post-doc will be working on this project together with a team of researchers from KITLV, Andalas University and Wageningen University. This involves:
- Coordinating research activities with academic and NGO partners.
- Training and supervising the projects local researchers working in four Indonesian provinces
- Conducting fieldwork documenting palm oil conflicts in Indonesia
- Organising workshops as well as the programme’s final conference on palm oil conflicts in Jakarta.
- Writing policy briefs and disseminating research findings to a wide range of stakeholders
- Contributing to writing the academic output of the programme.
For more information on the research programme, see https://www.kitlv.nl/palm-oil-conflicts-and-access-to-justice-in-indonesia/
- Has research experience in the field of social sciences, on and in Southeast Asia, preferably on topics related to palm oil expansion, land use change and access to justice
- Has completed a PhD thesis
- Speaks excellent Bahasa Indonesia
- Has a good publication record publishing in international peer-reviewed journals commensurate with career stage
- Is willing to spend considerable time doing and supervising research in Indonesia
- Has excellent communication skills
- Preferably has affinity with both qualitative and quantitative research methods
We offer a three-year employment starting in spring 2019.
Appointment will be according to the terms of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten). The function is validated in the University Function Ordening system (UFO) under the profile “Onderzoeker (researcher)”. The salary will be set, depending on education and work experience, between € 2,709 and 3,514 per month, based on fulltime (38 hours) employment (salary scale: 10). KNAW offers an attractive benefits package.
KITLV is committed to diversity, inclusiveness, and equal opportunities.
You may contact dr. Ward Berenschot (email@example.com) for more information.
We will not respond to any supplier enquiries based on this job advertisement.