Researcher Postcolonial Netherlands - KITLV-KNAW - Leiden
The Koninklijk Instituut voor Taal-, Land en Volkenkunde (KITLV) / Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies is a research …
- Reuvensplaats, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
The Koninklijk Instituut voor Taal-, Land en Volkenkunde (KITLV) / Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies is a research institute for the interdisciplinary study of Southeast Asia and the Caribbean, with a focus on Indonesia and the ‘Dutch’ Caribbean. We are looking for a talented, hardworking and experienced researcher of the postcolonial Netherlands. You will conduct creative research in this field and regularly disseminate your results through appropriate scholarly outlets. You will apply for external project funding from national and international funding bodies. You will make meaningful contributions to public debates on postcolonial issues in the Netherlands and represent the field to external audiences and in the media.
- PhD in the humanities and/or social sciences
- Broad research experience in Dutch colonial and postcolonial history and/or society. Ideally also able to make comparisons with Southeast Asia or the Caribbean.
- Solid knowledge of postcolonial debates.
- Affinity with debates about colonialism and its legacies in the Netherlands and beyond
- Meaningful track record of peer-reviewed publications and preferably also acquisition of research funding
- A solid command of Dutch (or the willingness to learn Dutch within one year) and English
- Command of other European, Caribbean and/or Southeast Asian languages relevant to this field of study is preferred
Appointment will be according to the terms of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten). We offer a full-time position for one year with the possibility of conversion to a permanent position thereafter. The function is validated in the University Function Ordening system (UFO) under the profile “Onderzoeker (researcher)”. The salary will be set, depending on education and work experience, between € 3,637 and € 4,978 per month, based on fulltime (38 hours) employment (salary scale: 11). KNAW offers an attractive benefits package.
KITLV is committed to diversity, inclusiveness, and equal opportunities.
You may contact prof. dr. Rosemarijn Hoefte (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
We will not respond to any supplier enquiries based on this job advertisement.