Atherosclerosis, the underlying cause of the majority of cardiovascular diseases, is a lipid-driven inflammatory disease of the large arteries. Experimental …
Traineeship FAIR Research Data Reviews - DANS-KNAW - Den Haag
Context of your workThe peer review of publications is an old and established mechanism for quality control of scientific output. DANS was one of the first …
- Anna van Saksenlaan, Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Context of your work
The peer review of publications is an old and established mechanism for quality control of scientific output. DANS was one of the first research data archives to turn the idea of reviewing research data into practice. The FAIR data principles require that research data should be Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (see: doi:10.1038/sdata.2016.18). We implemented these principles in a first prototype of a review tool for data sets based on a questionnaire, which is available online. After the successful testing, application and review of this tool a number of further questions and points of improvement came to the fore which now will have to be further developed and implemented in a second prototype.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a trainee who is interested to study and implement the FAIR principles of data reviewing in a practical context, to think about and to set up a new review questionnaire, to improve the workflow and to apply it in a trusted digital archive, to analyse the quality of the review information we collect, and also to suggest the ways in which we design and present the tool to the users.
What do we expect from you?
- You have a BA or similar degree, preferably in data science, applied informatics or applied (social) science research methods
- You are interested in the issues connected to data quality and research data management
- You have an insight in information management and/or applied data science
- You have knowledge about methods and techniques of data collection, and in particular about online surveys and questionnaire design
- You possess good writing and editing skills
- You have a good command of both written and spoken English.
What will you earn?
DANS offers a suitable internship allowance and a nice working environment, with about 50 highly involved and motivated professionals as colleagues.
Who can tell you more?
For further information please enquire with Peter Doorn, director of DANS via firstname.lastname@example.org or with Eliane Fankhauser, junior policy advisor via e-mail: email@example.com or skype: eliane.fankhauser. More information about DANS can be found on our website www.dans.knaw.nl/en
Candidates for this position will be recruited both internally and externally simultaneously, with preferred candidates of the Academy having priority during the selection.
We will not respond to any supplier enquiries based on this job advertisement.