Als Compliance Advisor op het gebied van opleiding, communicatie en awareness draag je bij aan het creëren van een integriteitsbewuste cultuur en ondersteun je…
International Legal Counsel
Legal People is looking for an International Legal Counsel for Fluor Corporation.
- Hoofddorp, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
Fluor Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, USA, is one of the world’s largest publicly owned Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), maintenance and project management companies, with an annual turnover of US $ 20 billion. Fluor works with governments and clients around the world in diverse industries such as Energy and Chemicals, Power, Infrastructure, Mining and Metals, Life Sciences and Advanced Manufacturing. Globally 60,000 people are employed at Fluor.
The Law Department for the European, Middle East and African (EMEA) region has offices in Hoofddorp (The Netherlands), London (UK), Johannesburg (South Africa) and the Middle East. The legal team currently consists of 6 legal counsel and 2 paralegals. In Hoofddorp, The Netherlands, Fluor is now seeking to appoint an
International Legal Counsel
Reporting directly to the Vice President and Managing General Counsel EMEA, you will provide a full range of legal services to the company’s operations throughout the EMEA region and beyond. Based in Hoofddorp, you will be involved in a broad range of (international) business,commercial and legal issues.This includes handling national and international construction contracts related to the execution of large EPC and PPP projects.You will be structuring joint venture and partnership agreements, providing risk management advice, handling litigation management and will be involved in matters of general corporate law. You will be directly involved in international contract negotiations which may take place at locations anywhere in the world.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience as a lawyer or legal counsel in an international environment
- thorough experience in international contract law, construction law and public-private partnerships (“PPP”)
- understanding of FIDIC, NEC and various bespoke contract models used in the Oil and Gas, Mining, Infrastructure and Power industries would be preferred
- additional experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: procurement law, general corporate law and litigation
- knowledge of common law
- excellent drafting and negotiation skills in English, additional skills in French or any other European language is a plus
- flexible, hands-on attitude and ability to work under time pressure
- excellent communication skills, a strong commercial focus and the ability to quickly establish key relationships within the company
- willingness to travel from time to time
- a challenging, dynamic international legal position
- working on large and complex international construction projects
- working for the world’s largest publicly owned construction company, ranked No. 1 in the Engineering and Construction Industry of FORTUNE Magazines “World’s Most Admired Companies” list
Legal People mediates lawyers for all kinds of legal services.