Legal People is looking for a Legal Director for Eldorado Gold.
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 10-15 jaar
Eldorado Gold is a Canadian mid-tier gold and base metals producer with 25 years of experience building and operating mines in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Eldorado Gold is dedicated to responsible operations, the highest safety and environmental standards, and working with stakeholders to enhance the communities where it operates. The company's strategy of discovering, acquiring and developing high-quality assets in prospective regions has remained consistent over the past 25 years. Through acquisition and exploration, the company has compiled a portfolio that provides geographic diversification and geological potential. Fundamental to executing this strategy is the strength of the in-country teams, the company’s balance sheet and the relationships with all stakeholders. Eldorado Gold is a publicly traded company, listed at the Toronto Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange.
Eldorado Gold has offices in Vancouver, Amsterdam, Athens and Ankara. For the regional office in Amsterdam, we are looking for candidates for the position of
Legal Director the Netherlands - generalist with an international mindset
As Legal Director you actively provide legal support for all activities of the company in the Netherlands, Greece and Turkey, including business support related to significant contracts and project development, M&A initiatives and finance operations. You work across various disciplines throughout the worldwide organization and in close cooperation with the Vancouver head office. Further, you have responsibility for maintaining the corporate legal structure of Eldorado Gold, you act as company secretary and may also act as statutory Director for the Dutch legal entities. In addition, you support the business in relation to the company’s compliance program. You are involved in the further growth of the Amsterdam office and report to the General Counsel, based in Vancouver.
- Dutch qualified lawyer with 10-15 years of work experience
- broad corporate law experience, including project development, M&A and financing
- ability to work across different disciplines throughout a decentralized organization
- experience within the mining or oil & gas sector is a plus, but not required
- a collegial, good-humoured person and a business-oriented self-starter
- an autonomous and senior role as Legal Director
- highly involved in the group’s worldwide activities
- a dynamic setting at a fast growing and financially successful mining company
- a company applying the highest standards of responsibility and sustainability
- frequent international travel is required
Legal People mediates lawyers for all kinds of legal services.