Medical-Technical Officer 38 hours per week at Leprastichting
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 5637 per maand
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 0-2 jaar
A key feature of NLR’s work is innovation, by improving current approaches or by designing and testing new tools and interventions. We will start a new implementation trial to expand the use of post-exposure prophylaxis against leprosy in several African countries (PEP4LEP).
To manage this 4-year project and because our work is expanding we invite candidates for Medical-Technical Officer 38 hours per week.
We encourage persons with a disability to apply.
As Medical-Technical Officer you will be the project-coordinator of the PEP4LEP trial project. In this position you will:
- manage and coordinate the project and the international PEP4LEP consortium;
- report on progress internally, to the consortium and to the donor;
- work closely with colleagues in the Technical and Programme Departments of NLR and other consortium members and with the PEP4LEP Scientific Steering Committee;
- develop relationships and networks with partners in the international leprosy, NTD and disability world.
The position will require frequent travel to Africa and elsewhere, with local travel in rural areas under often demanding circumstances.
The coordination of the PEP4LEP project will be about 60% of the position. Besides this, you will:
- provide technical input into other projects supported by NLR;
- Result oriented team player
- Experience in working with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Medical degree and a post-graduate degree in epidemiology, public health or another relevant field.
- Good understanding of Project Cycle Management and a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing international projects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in conducting or managing health-related research.
- Track record of scientific publications in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Willing and able to travel internationally.
- Experience with managing EU-funded projects and knowledge of Portuguese and will be considered as advantages.
Please note that applicants with another nationality than from a Schengen country, will need to have a valid work-, and residence permit for the European Union.
Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR) is an international NGO that since 1967 has been dedicated to eliminate leprosy, a disease with more than 200,000 new patients worldwide on a yearly basis. We focus on early detection, preventive treatment to break the chain of transmission, prevention of disability, and full inclusion of persons affected by leprosy in society. We collaborate with local organizations and governments. NLR enjoys the support of many donors, partners and sponsors. Where relevant, the work is done in the broader context of neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) or other disability work.