An exciting opportunity to drive ongoing change and improvement for a leading global organization
- Zwaagdijk, Zwaag, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar, 5-10 jaar
Position of function in organisation
The Manager Monitoring is part of the Warehouse Process Development, Monitoring & Support department and reports directly to the Manager PDMS. The Manager leads a team of 3 FTE (Process Quality Analyst, DC Operations Auditor and a DC Capacity Forecaster). The main focus of the monitoring department lies on providing insight in the performance of the DC’s on all levels.
Purpose of the job
- Responsible for providing insight and reporting on DC performance on central and local level.
- Central control on logistic processes, based upon identified deviations and defects.
- Maintain and improve central established logistic processes. Identify best practices and secure these to standard way of working for all distribution centres.
- Develop an informed and reliable forecast to serve as input for DC processes, aimed at availability of people and resources.
- Compliance to central processes and way of working by local operations.
Areas of responsibility
- Processing data, create and compose reports and analyse the results.
- Identifying issues and pro-actively submit solutions.
- Create plans, meeting minutes and notes and follow up action plans.
- Analyse the applicable key logistics levers.
- Identify bottlenecks and propose improvements to the logistical processes.
- Identify best practices and secure these to standard way of working for all distribution centres.
- Monitor execution of operational processes according to central established guidelines and way of working. Act on deviations.
- Provide input to the development team to benefit improvement and development of logistic processes.
- Provide input to the support team to benefit recording of process and procedures and to secure careful documentation.
- Clearly steers a team, takes the lead, gives clear working instructions, plans employees and activities in such a manner that targets are successfully achieved.
- Is actively involved in improving employee skills by providing constructive feedback, instructions, explanation and coaching.
- Makes employees enthusiastic, clearly indicates the intended effect of targets, brings about a positive attitude towards the work and inspires team members' strong will to perform.
- Gives direct and constructive feedback about the delivered performance and personal development related to future requirements and priorities.
- Stimulates employees to join in on the thought process and to actively contribute to the development of new ideas and to learn from his/her own experiences and those of others
- Responsible for an optimal staffing, recruitment activities and retaining of employees within the department.
- Develop, maintain and create reports and tools regarding performance and process control.
- Active support of DC audits.
- Actively contribute solutions to operational issues that impact performance.
- Participate in projects which will improve the forecast , reporting or analyses.
Our candidate is a proactive and respectfull person who sets the example and has a smart but pragmatic way of working. The Manager Monitoring executes his/her tasks with pace and urgency and is cost consciousness.
- Educational level at Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of relevant working experience in a similar job, preferably in a retail/logistics environment.
- Experienced in SAP or a similar WMS-system.
- Able to make proposals for efficient and effective working methods with the least possible complexity and implements these.
- Is very organised, is able to structure activities and projects, sticks to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines.
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure.
- Works effectively with others to achieve common targets.
- Able to work in a multi- cultural environment.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to travel internationally (30-40%).
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature