An exciting opportunity to drive ongoing change and improvement for a leading global organization
The Material Manager ensures maximum performance of resources at lowest possible costs and acceptable risk.
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Vast contract
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
Position of function
The Material Manager is part of the Group Facility department and reports to the Group Facility manager. The Material Manager ensures maximum performance of resources at lowest possible costs and acceptable risk. The scope of the position contains all European DC’s.
Purpose of function
The Material Manager is responsible for managing all Supply Chain resources, which are divided in:
1) Expendables (e.g. foil, stickers, disposables, etc.);
2) Capital goods (e.g. Trucks, trailers, material handling equipment, IT equipment, roll cages, pallets, etc);
3) Services (e.g. service contracts regarding waste management, inspections, pest control, etc).
The Material Manager ensures the central control of resource performance, life cycle cost and the availability of resources in all DC’s. Furthermore, he/she is responsible for optimizing, providing insight and reporting on the performance of resources throughout the entire supply chain organization, and also assures the cost effectiveness of these resources.
Contents of function
• Manage all resource related data (e.g. invoices, contracts, insurances);
• Create and compose reports, analyze data and deliver improvement proposals;
• Identify issues and pro-actively submit solutions.
• Define, execute and improve standardized guidelines and procedures regarding identification of needs for resources, purchase, registration, maintenance and discarding of resources;
• Monitor execution of resource processes according to central established guidelines and way of working. Act on deviations;
• Guiding and coaching of colleagues in securing the correct execution of resource process, procedure and way of working;
• Provide input to benefit improvement and development of logistic processes, regarding use and performance of resources;
• Provide input to benefit recording of process and procedures and to secure accurate documentation. Manage composure of instructions when change in type of resources require so;
• Guiding change management programs / processes regarding Supply Chain resources;
• Management of stakeholders, both internal and external;
• Follow up on contracts, end-of-lease dates.
• Actively gathers input from users, owners and suppliers regarding Supply Chain resources;
• Initiate and contribute to the improvement of Supply Chain processes.
• Manage suppliers and stakeholders. Provide input for procurement purposes;
• Develop, maintain and provide reports and means of control regarding performance and life cycle cost, and supplier performance.
• Actively contribute solutions to operational issues that affect performance of resources, and contribute to business processes where resources can improve performance;
• Actively contribute and participate in projects which will impact supply chain resource management;
• Sparring partner for procurement, finance and legal on content of contracts.
• Educational level at Bachelor’s degree;
• At least 5-7 years of relevant working experience in a similar job, preferably in a retail/logistics environment;
• Clear understanding of contract management and SLA driven service providers;
• Proven negotiation experience / skills;
• Fluent in English;
• Make proposals for efficient and effective working methods with the least possible complexity and implements these;
• Is very organised, is able to structure activities and projects, sticks to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines;
• Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure;
• Works effectively with others to achieve common targets;
• Able to work in an international environment.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature