1 dag geleden - Gemeente Katwijk - Katwijk
Senior Tax Analyst
LyondellBasell is looking for a Senior Tax Analyst!
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
Senior Tax Analyst
Fulltime | Rotterdam
This is LyondellBasell
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the third consecutive year.
The Worldwide Tax Group at Lyondell Chemical Company is a collection of over 80 individuals located in mutliple different countries working diligently to comply with our company’s regulatory requirements and enhance shareholder value. We consist of U.S. federal and state tax compliance as well as host country tax compliance in several jurisdictions, U.S. and non-U.S. Tax Accounting for U.S. GAAP and IFRS tax reporting processes. We are also heavily focused on enhancements through tax technology and have a group of Tax Technology professionals. The Tax Technology team leads project initiatives that reduce risk and enhance controls around datamanagement and manipulation, streamlining of processes, and overall employee effectiveness in the department.
We are looking for a Tax Analyst/ Sr. Analyst in our tax technology group. This position will be responsible for assisting in coordinating the tax technology initiatives for the department under the direction of the Manager, Tax Process and Technology. This includes assisting in the ongoing development of the tax technology strategic plan, operating plan, and projectmanagement tools. Responsibilities also include interfacing with leadership, internal & external customers, Information Management, and other key stakeholders within the company. If you have solid demonstrated technology skills then you just might be the person we are looking for.
You must be ethically minded at all times with a desire to serve others in a safe and professional manner. The culture we have developed in the Lyondell Chemical Company Tax Department is one of trust, respect, continuous learning, accountability and responsibility, and with a commitment to process improvement; all working toward a view of balance personally and professionally.
In this role, you will have options and opportunities for continuous growth and professional development. If you think you might be interested in working for an organization that cares about its employees, then take a closer look at us.
Specifically, we have an immediate need and desire an individual possessing a majority of the following:
Roles & Responsibilities
Identify and assess tax processes for automation.
Interact directly with tax teams to design and implement solutions:
· Process redesigns
· Excel Macros
· Alteryx Workflows
· Tableau Dashboards
· PowerBi Dashboards
Liaison with other areas of the organization as well as be the bridge between Tax and IT.
Facilitate bi-monthly trainings which may include creation/presentation of materials, scheduling guest speakers, reserving rooms, and managing training agenda.
Serve as administrator for tax applications:
· Troubleshooting issues
· Maintaining masterdata
· Administering user access rights
· Ensuring software is up to date
Participate in various special projects and custom development efforts:
· Document business requirements
· Quantify benefits
· Assist in conceptual and functional design
· Create testscripts
· Proctor User Acceptance Testing
Provide excellent customer service to global tax function:
· Timely resolution of issues
· Knowledge sharing amongst teams
· Efficient execution of projects
· Upskill tax team members
· Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems
· Five or more years’ experience in a large corporate information technology department, tax technology environment or big 4/large market accounting firm
· PMP, Six Sigma or relevant IT certification – a plus
· Demonstrated skills in working with teams, projectmanagement and transformation
· Must possess solid communication skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Must be able to perform research to stay current on tax technology landscape and changes and also interface with IT to communicate support needed and resolve issues quickly
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task assignments from various subgroups within the Tax department
· Self-motivated; takes initiative; identifies and addresses issues; works efficiently with attention to detail. Excellent verbal, written, communication, decision making, and critical thinking skills
Core Competencies Include:
· Project Management Skills – Including documenting processes, recognizing process enhancement opportunities, and an aptitude for accounting systems based processes.
· Analytical Skills – Including the ability to identify and appropriately elevate issues and concerns.
· Communication skills – Effective writing , listening, and presentation skills.
· Teaming Skills – Including working in teams and building trust and commitment throughout the organization.
· Time Management – Managing priorities, delivering on-time, and keeping the first things first.
Please feel free to connect with Ton Brands, Corporate recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Senior Tax Analyst, fulltime, Rotterdam, HBO, Bachelor Degree, Accounting, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, information technology, tax technology, PMP, Six Sigma, IT, experienced