The Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS) has two tenure-track positions in Analytical Chemistry. The Analytical Chemistry Theme aims to develop…
Senior Scientist / Project Leader
Interesse? Kijk snel verder
- Middenkampweg, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
To further support our Global Research & Development activities with location in Nijmegen we are seeking a
Senior Scientist / Project Leader
- Identify, craft and execute collaborations with external academic and technological institutes as well as CRO’s in areas of human nutritional physiology and metabolism in infants and children.
- Provide interface management and oversight of a comprehensive preclinical study program and human cohort studies related to nutrition-metabolism and healthy growth and development.
- Maintain and build a broad and relevant network with the international scientific community to assure state of the art knowledge and access to innovative technologies and scientific advances.
- Identify beneficial ingredients and assess their biological relevance and potential efficacy for use in a range of pediatric nutritional products, adult supplements, and medical nutrition applications.
- Effectively report, communicate and present scientific data/concepts to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate internally and cross functionally with medical, nutritional, regulatory and Legal/IP teams.
- Support the IP filing process in conjunction with patent bureaus.
- Report to Principal Scientist Global Discovery.
- PhD degree in (Med / Cell) Biology, Nutritional or Food / Health Sciences, Biochemistry, Physiology.
- Sound knowledge of and commitment to innovative science in relevant health benefit areas (human nutritional physiology and metabolism, particularly in infants and children).
- Proven experience in biomedical research processes and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and carry out research projects.
- Ability to translate science into practical innovation opportunities and messaging concepts in the food industry.
- Team orientation, with high energy and desire to achieve results.
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, international and culturally diverse organization, with fluency in speaking and reporting in English, and preparedness to travel.
- Personal skills: pro-active, team player, excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, entrepreneurial, open, pragmatic, getting things done, enthusiastic and result driven.
If you are interested to learn more about this position, please contact Dr. Gabriele Gross, Principal Scientist Global Discovery (+31 623202655) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mead Johnson Nutrition B.V. offers a challenging and collegial environment with excellent competitive salary and benefits. You report to the Principal Scientist Global Discovery and will closely work together with the Global R&D team. You have the opportunity to develop yourself further in a global working company.
Apply on this job!
Please send a motivation letter and CV to the HR Department / Recruitment via our online application page by clicking on the apply button, citing ‘sollicitatie Senior Scientist Global Discovery’.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
Keywords: PhD, Senior Scientist, human nutritional physiology / metabolism, healthy growth / development, infants / children, biomedical research, food industry, innovation
Mead Johnson Nutrition is a fast growing world leader in baby and infant nutrition and we sell products to over 100 countries worldwide. The vision of the company is to be the world’s leading provider of science based pediatric nutrition and specialized nutritional products and services. Mead Johnson Nutrition is highly dedicated to create nutritional brands and products trusted to give infants and children the best start in life. With over 500 employees, Nijmegen regional Supply and Innovation Center develops and produces for the European, Asian and Latin American markets. Quality, reliability, innovation and ethics are considered of importance at Mead Johnson. The Global Discovery team is part of the Global R&D organization.