Atherosclerosis, the underlying cause of the majority of cardiovascular diseases, is a lipid-driven inflammatory disease of the large arteries. Experimental …
About the Role “Editorial Coordinator”
The Editorial Coordinator will coordinate and ensure the high quality and timely publication of our various medical news channels, both online and in print, with a special focus on our ...
- Faas Eliaslaan, Baarn, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
About the Role “Editorial Coordinator”
The Editorial Coordinator will coordinate and ensure the high quality and timely publication of our various medical news channels, both online and in print, with a special focus on our Conference Reports.
Our Conference Reports cover a rising number of the main European and American medical conferences, in specialty areas varying from diabetes to cancer. The Conference Reports are peer-reviewed and include key findings, updated guidelines, state-of-the-art reviews, clinical updates and late breaking data.
The role of an Editorial Coordinator includes responsibility for the coordination between the editor, reviewers, the medical writers, the medical officer, the commercial team and the graphical designers. The recruitment of clinical experts to fill the roles of editor and reviewers. Furthermore, the Editorial Coordinator will proofread, check the references and copy edit the manuscripts and commercial content (advertorials) prepared by the medical writer to ensure that the reports are written according the guidelines and that they are consistently of high quality and comprehensible for the target audience of doctors and clinicians. The Editorial Coordinator will also have the opportunity to choose and prepare a Human Interest Story for inclusion in the assigned conference report and attend conferences where needed.
At any moment, an Editorial Coordinator can be busy with recruiting experts for one conference, while proofreading the text of another one, and coordinating with a writer or designer for the realisation of a third conference.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Advisory Board recruitment
- Coordinating the editorial process and overseeing the peer-review process, including liaising with scientific editors, peer-reviewers, medical writers, language editors, proof-readers but also liaising with clients where it concern commercial content
- Checking and editing texts, references and images to ensure high quality conference reports
- Coordinating and proofreading of the typeset version of the reports, working closely together with suppliers.
- Choosing and preparing a short Human Interest Story for each conference report
- Ensuring timely publication (6-8 weeks after the conference)
- Where needed: coordinating writers while attending the conference, interfacing with the editor, covering sessions at the conference, writing missing content
The Editorial Coordinator works closely together with the co-Editorial Coordinators and the Editorial Manager.
In short, this is the ideal role for someone interested in medical publishing, and who likes challenges working with short term deadlines.
- Native Dutch and fluent in English, both verbal and in writing
- Based in the Netherlands
- Medical or academic background
- Medical writing skills, experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to direct and coordinate a variety of people
- Deadline-proof and able to prioritise
- Proactive and flexible
- Project management skills
- Experience with scientific publishing is a pré
What we offer
- A broad perspective on scientific publishing
- Flexible working times, project-driven rather than 9 to 5
Medicom Medical Publishers is an international medical publisher with over 25 years of experience in Medical Publishing. Its head office is located in Baarn, the Netherlands and we have local representatives / offices in Belgium, Scandinavia and Finland.
Our purpose is to provide the highest quality medical information and tools to medical professionals across Europe.
We do this by providing medical professionals with up-to-date information such as:
- Medicom Conference Reports, independent reports with the peer-reviewed highlights of the main European and American medical conferences;
- MediQuality, our physician community with the latest medical news;
- Online continuing education (eCME) for medical specialists;
- The largest family of medical image products, such as miniatlasses.