bekend met de sector onderwijs en met een 'handson' mentaliteit
Biodiesel Trader, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Strengthen the position as sustainable energy solutions provider
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
Opportunity for an experienced commodity/fuel trader. You identify and develop new markets and applications for biodiesel in Europe. Increase the product portfolio and customer base by initiating new sales activities, developing trading opportunities and seeking for strategic collaborations.
In this new position you are responsible for leading the day-to-day biofuel sales activities within Europe. You manage existing sales activities, identify market developments and trends and translate these into commercial opportunities. You work from the Amsterdam office and report directly to the Director Sales & Trading.
REG is looking for an experienced trader with a sound understanding of the renewable energy and biofuel market and its regulations. In this position you will:
- Manage all biodiesel related sales and trading activities and key accounts in Europe.
- Identify new markets for higher sales margins and develop sales activities in those markets.
- Follow a growth strategy by diversifying and increasing REG’s customer and product portfolio and focusing on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Implement marketing initiatives and pricing tactics as part of a sales plan, apply hedging mechanisms in line with the company’s strategy.
- Conduct thorough market and price analysis (monitoring production costs, market prices, competition and supply/demand) for best price evaluation and margin maximization.
- Optimize asset positions within the REG group by developing third party trading and blending business.
- Understand blending economics and operations in order to provide a broader product base and competitive energy solutions to customers.
- Act upon market view within given limitations for risk mitigation (Risk Management / Position Monitoring and Reporting), work closely with Operations Control Team.
- A proven track record that shows at least seven years of experience in sales, business development or project management in fuel/bio-fuel or commodity related industry.
- Master’s degree in business commercial fields or a comparable qualification (finance, economics, marketing).
- Strong in financial, math and accounting skills as well as a strategic and analytical mind set.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, creative mind, connected thinking, excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Team player who enjoys working in an international environment and in a global matrixed organisation.
- Strong communication, negotiation and sales skills and fluency in English. Fluency in other European languages is an advantage.
- Willing to relocate to Amsterdam and to travel approx. 20-30%.
REG offers a crucial commercial position in an open, entrepreneurial and dynamic company culture, where you will work with international colleagues on challenging goals. You have a lot of responsibility and autonomy within an environment which provides opportunities to excel and to develop personally. An opportunity to be inspired by leaders in the industry and to inspire others. You contribute to, and have a positive impact on the environment, a sustainable economy and world security.
Are you interested to take up this international challenge? Please send your CV and cover letter through www.mercuriurval.nl (ref.no. 4757). For additional information please contact Marc V. Sterel or Giny Oosthoek at +31 –(0)33)-4501400. See also www.regi.com
Renewable Energy Group, Inc. is a leading provider of cleaner, lower carbon intensity products and services. REG is an international producer of biomass-based diesel, a developer of renewable chemicals and North America’s largest producer of advanced biofuel. REG utilizes an integrated procurement, distribution, and logistics network to convert natural fats, oils, greases and sugars into lower carbon intensity products. With 14 active bio refineries, a feedstock processing facility, research and development capabilities and a diverse and growing intellectual property portfolio, REG is committed to being a long-term leader in bio-based fuel and chemicals.