As a (Senior) Scientist ‘Biomarkers’ you deal with the translational research and discovery, characterization and validation of innovative Biomarkers to assess the target engagement and PK-PD response relationships of drug candidates. Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Providing Biomarker support in the development of pre-clinical and clinical study design and data interpretation;
- Analyzing Biomarker data from clinical and pre-clinical studies;
- Maintaining the Biomarker database (methods, outsourcing and data analysis);
- Providing know-how about Biomarker sampling and methods for successful Biomarker analysis and write plans for analysis;
- Integrating genetic and protein data to enable to the selection of Biomarkers to support precision medicine objectives;
- Select and manage bioanalysis and bioinformatics service providers and studies;
- Provide statistical support in the development of studies, papers and presentations.
We are looking for a (Senior) Scientist ‘Biomarkers’ with the following knowledge and expertise:
- You hold a PhD in Cell Biology or Bioinformatics in combination with a degree in Biology;
- You have data analysis experience (specifically Analytical Method validation);
- You have 4+ years experience in a comparable role;
- Experience in methods and data analysis from multiple platforms, including, ELISA, qPCR, RNAseq, FISH, immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry;
- Expertise in Spotfire, Metacore, Ingenuity is a plus;
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken).
We offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours and an international, talented and stable team in a very inspiring area of Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park) in a brand new state of the art building.
Furthermore, we have an excellent pension scheme, company bonus and we offer 30 holidays based on a full-time position. We care about the team spirit and organize multiple company events a year.
In hiring new employees, we look for people who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of our company that drives us to develop advanced therapies that address unmet needs in cancer treatment.
For more information about this role please contact mrs. Afrodite Lourbakos via telephone number +31(0)30 – 253 4839.
For more information about the application procedure, please contact mr. Wessel Haytink via telephone number +31(0)6 – 1541 2395 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send in your application by latest Monday, December 11, 2017 with reference number 2017WH04.
Working at Merus offers opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You have the chance to make an impact within the oncology field by being part of the development of bispecific antibody therapies (Biclonics®) to help fight cancer. Merus’ Head Quarters are located in The Netherlands, with offices in the US and collaborators around the world. As of 2016 we are listed on NASDAQ and within a period of 10 years we have several candidate drugs in clinical trials. For more information, please visit www.merus.nl/.