As a (Senior) Scientist ‘Preclinical’ you deal with the preclinical evaluation of therapeutic Biclonics® candidates with immune-modulatory properties for clinical development. Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Generation of a data package to characterize and select lead therapeutic Biclonics® candidates;
- Designing, execution and supervising of preclinical studies;
- Developing and implementation of immunological cell-based functional assays;
- Characterization of Biclonics® candidates in in vitro functional assays;
- Evaluation of Biclonics® candidates in new and established xenograft mouse models;
- Leading project based teams to ensure efficiency across your studies.
We are looking for a (Senior) Scientist ‘Preclinical’ with the following knowledge and expertise:
- You hold a PhD in Immunology or Oncology;
- You have ≥ 4 years post-doctoral experience, preferably in biotech environment;
- You are an expert in various techniques, including immunological assays and flow cytometry;
- You have strong background in development of in vitro cell-based functional assays;
- You have expertise in the generation and validation of in vivo xenograft mouse models;
- You have excellent organization skills;
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken).
We offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours and an international, talented and stable team in a very inspiring area of Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park) in a brand new state of the art building.
Furthermore, we have an excellent pension scheme, company bonus and we offer 30 holidays based on a full-time position. We care about the team spirit and organize multiple company events a year.
In hiring new employees, we look for people who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of our company that drives us to develop advanced therapies that address unmet needs in cancer treatment.
For more information about this role please contact mr. Pieter Fokko van Loo via telephone number +31(0)30 – 253 8807.
For more information about the application procedure, please contact mr. Wessel Haytink via telephone number +31(0)6 – 1541 2395 or email@example.com.
Please send in your application by latest Monday, December 11, 2017 with reference number 2017WH06.
Working at Merus offers opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You have the chance to make an impact within the oncology field by being part of the development of bispecific antibody therapies (Biclonics®) to help fight cancer. Merus’ Head Quarters are located in The Netherlands, with offices in the US and collaborators around the world. As of 2016 we are listed on NASDAQ and within a period of 10 years we have several candidate drugs in clinical trials. For more information, please visit www.merus.nl.