1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Senior Project Manager
Naturalis has a position for a: Senior Project Manager for EU-ITN project 4D-REEF, 24-32 hours a week
- Darwinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 24 - 32 uur
- € 3027 - € 4068 per maand
Naturalis Biodiversity Center coordinates an EU funded Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network number 813360 (ITN) ‘Past, present and future of turbid reefs in the Coral Triangle’ (acronym: 4D-REEF). With a 3.8 million euro budget, this network comprises 15 early stage researchers (ESRs), distributed across 10 institutes, as well as 5 partner institutes. The ESRs and the participating institutes will contribute to a four year research programme focussing on the past, present, and future of coastal coral reefs in Indonesia and the Philippines. This involves the need for extensive logistics and contingency planning.
The project manager works jointly with, and reports to, the programme director. He/she works in close collaboration with other beneficiaries, partners, boards and ESRs. Furthermore, the project manager regularly engages with EU , with supervisors and their institutes, with partner organisations, officials in the research area. The project manager will provide top-level management of the program with regards to all administrative, logistics, contractual and financial matters relating to 4D-REEF. The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- manage, check and monitor implementation of the Grant and Consortium Agreements concluded with the European Union and between the beneficiaries of EU funding, respectively;
- manage the financial, administrative and contractual issues relating to the program according to the budget as determined by the EU and the supervisory board;
- take care of the day-to-day management of the project together with the programme director;
- take care of the milestones and deliverables of the project;
- co-organise network meetings and a summerschool in Makassar;
- act as a contact point for the early stage researchers;
- act as interface between EU, program director, management board, supervisory board, scientific advisory board, supervisors and early stage researchers;
- design, develop and maintain the project website, upload information and data provided by project participants;
- liaise with EU, the media and the public concerning 4D-REEF activities or output.
Within Naturalis the project manager will be working in the Research Coordination Office, a team of 7 colleagues who, among other activities, coordinate science policy, (inter)national) funding, and project management.
General requirements and skills
We expect the project manager to have at least 3-5 years work experience in multi-partner research project management, including management of the budget. The project manager should be proactive, cooperative and able to improvise and to deal with a wide range of people. Experience in other EU funded projects and international experience is highly desirable. A completed master’s degree is required along with good command of the English language (written and verbal).
As the job involves travel to research and event sites, the project manager should be able and willing to spend time abroad when needed, from short 1 or 2 day trips to networking and training events during up to two weeks.
What we offer
A contract (24-32 hours, to be discussed) for a period of one year, after which a decision will be made on continuation for the remaining 3 year duration of the program. A salary of € 3.027,- to € 4.068,- gross per month, circa € 40.000 - € 54.000,- gross per year (based on 32 hours), depending on relevant experience. The successful candidate will be employed by Naturalis in Leiden. Naturalis promotes gender equality and wants to enhance the diversity of staff members.
Applicants are invited to submit their application, including a cover letter and CV before 10 august 2019. by using the application form. First interview rounds are scheduled late August/early September 2019.
Please feel free to contact Willem Renema (4D-REEF program director, firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about the position.