ABN AMRO ontwikkelt zich in hoog tempo tot een data- en innovatiegedreven organisatie. De afgelopen decennia hebben we een schat aan informatie verzameld. Big …
Research Associate/Scientist (ARCNL, Amsterdam): EUV Plasma Processes; theory and modelling
As a Research Associate/Scientist you will:• initiate a novel research program in modelling for EUV plasma sources;• direct your team members and coordinate …
- Van Vollenhovenlaan, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 4237 - € 4237 per maand
As a Research Associate/Scientist you will:
• initiate a novel research program in modelling for EUV plasma sources;
• direct your team members and coordinate the theory efforts within the EUV Plasma Processes group;
• realize publications in high-quality international journals;
• present your work at conferences and research institutes in the Netherlands and abroad;
• collaborate with the other research groups at ARCNL, in particular those working on laser-produced plasma sources of EUV light;
• establish and maintain a close collaboration with ASML research;
• develop and maintain external national and international relations;
• acquire national and international financial support.
The Advanced Research Center for Nanolithography (ARCNL) is looking for a Research Associate/Scientist for its EUV Plasma Processes group. As a Research Associate/Scientist you will lead the theory activities in the field of modelling for laser-produced plasma sources of extreme ultraviolet (EUV) radiation. You will complement current experimental activities with analytical and numerical theoretical models. The common goal of the experiments and theory activities in the group is to understand these laser-produced, high-density plasma sources at the fundamental level. For this purpose, it is envisaged that you will employ and combine existing state-of-the-art atomic data and radiation-hydrodynamics codes.
The successful candidate can make use of its facilities as well as the Dutch national e-infrastructure (LISA computer cluster). The new Research Associate/Scientist position is open for scientists either in a relatively early stage (e.g., as a postdoctoral fellow) or in a more established stage of their career. We aim for a degree of autonomy that we will associate with an attractive start-up package, including a junior scientist position (PhD student).
PhD degree and with further research experience in a relevant field of research.
You are especially encouraged to apply if you have a strong physics background related to one or more of the following fields:
• the physics of high(-energy) density plasma;
• inertial confinement fusion (ICF);
• atomic plasma processes and spectral modelling.
The Research Associate/Scientist will be an employee of the Netherlands Foundation for Scientific Research Institutes (NWO-I). Depending on the seniority of the successful candidate, you will be appointed either as a postdoc (for the duration of two years), on a tenure track, or on a permanent position. In case of a tenure track, the position is given for a duration of five and a half years and the performance is evaluated after four years. If this evaluation is positive, a permanent position with NWO-I will be offered. The Research Associate/Scientist position will be combined with an academic association with one of the universities in Amsterdam, UvA or VU. ARCNL assist new foreign employees with housing and visa applications and compensate their transport costs. Your salary will be up to a maximum of 4.237 euro gross per month, depending on your level of experience. The conditions of employment of NWO-I are laid down in the Collective Labour Agreement for Research Centres (Cao-Onderzoekinstellingen), more exclusive information is available at this website under Personeelsinformatie (in Dutch) or under Personnel (in English). General information about working at NWO-I can be found in the English part of this website under Personnel. The 'Recruitment code' applies to this position.
For additional information, please contact Prof.dr. J.W.M. Prof.dr. J.W.M. Frenken, Director ARCNL, +31 20 851 71 00.