3 dagen geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Geleen
Assistant Professor of Business Intelligence
Nyenrode Business Universiteit is seeking faculty candidates with research and teaching interests in the area of Business Intelligence and related fields (tenure track).
- Straatweg, Breukelen, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
With the rise of global digitalization, data have become available in abundance, coming from many internal sources (like CRM, ERP, and financial systems) as well as freely available external databases in virtually all industries. However, only a limited number of companies are using data as the rich source for crucial information it can be. This is largely because managers are not fully aware of the power that is hidden in the data, and even when they are, they might not be able to see where the true value lies and what possible pitfalls can be.
Many developments such as IoT, Blockchain, and Industry 4.0 provide new opportunities that require an extension and expansion of current knowledge and its translation into models and practical tools for management practice. Therefore, the key activities in the field of Business Intelligence are to collect and process data to gain information that ultimately can be used for creating and maintaining a sustainable competitive advantage to the (extended) enterprise.
Rooted in a solid basis of mathematics, business statistic, and operations research, subfields include (but are not restricted to) Big data, Business Analytics, Data Mining, Predictive Modelling, Business Support Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Business Performance Management and Data Visualization.
Although the various (more basic) forms of Business Intelligence have always had a place in Nyenrode degree program’s curricula, business transformation and digitization are on the rise, so that further emphasis and extension of the evolving topics in Business Intelligence in all curricula is needed. Business Intelligence methods and techniques can support managers in making better decisions in various fields, including Strategy, New Business Development, Sales, and Accounting.
- Individually and/or together with colleagues, the successful candidate develops and carries out a portfolio of high quality, original research leading to publications in reputed academic journals such as European Journal Operational Research, Production and Operations Management, Decision Sciences, Journal of Business Research, International Journal of Business Intelligence Research, etc.
- Starting from a practical relevance point-of-view, the successful candidate will set and execute the research agenda and will seek collaboration with other expertise areas within Nyenrode including Marketing, Operations & Supply Chain Management, Information Management, and Finance.
- To enhance research and education, the successful candidate is expected to closely cooperate with national and international research colleagues, universities and international businesses.
- Teach courses on topics including, but not limited to, Business Mathematics & Statistics, Management Science, Big Data & Data Analytics and AI in our various BSc, MSc, and MBA programs as well as possibly within our Executive programs.
- Develop and update teaching materials, cases, and exercises for existing, new, or renewed courses or for new electives, especially in the area of Business Intelligence.
- Supervise Bachelor’s and Master’s level theses;
The successful candidate has:
- A PhD in operations management, operations research, data/computer science, business analytics, or related fields.
- A strong commitment to high-quality research as well as evidence of the ability to conduct impactful work and to publish in top-tier journals (i.e., published papers and/or high-quality papers in the pipeline for top management journals).
- An appreciation for academic research that is linked to real-world managerial problems, and that can create impact both to the academic community and the business community.
- An interest in all areas of Business Intelligence research across all research methodologies.
- Research interests that complement ongoing work in the university. Please refer to the Appendix for an overview of recent publications by the Marketing & Supply Chain Management colleagues.
- Interest in research on applications in specific sectors such as Energy, Logistics, Financial Services, E-commerce, and Agricultural supply chains.
The ideal candidate is an intellectually curious, internationally oriented, ambitious, and collegial scholar who shares our passion for research (see above) and teaching. The main competences related to education include:
- The ability to show excellence in teaching to be able to play a key role in the university’s academic programs.
- A familiarity with online education and with techniques for inspiring successful blended and hybrid learning.
- The ability to teach in English (the ability to teach in Dutch is considered an advantage but not a requirement);
- The ability to provide critical yet constructive feedback.
Nyenrode Business Universiteit can be characterized by a combination of a high level of professionalism and an informal atmosphere. Salary will depend on position and qualifications. Tax benefits may apply. Initial appointment will be for 1 year with a possibility for a permanent position (tenure track).
The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to maintaining an intellectually and culturally diverse faculty. Internationals, minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Nyenrode offers a competitive salary with attractive secondary benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online. (please include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, one or two recently published papers, recent teaching evaluations, and three references).
Should you have any questions about this vacancy you can contact prof. dr. ir. Kitty Koelemeijer (firstname.lastname@example.org, +31 346 291 440).
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature