Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - Midwaste - Delft
Exciting role at a social investor in an international environment.
- Berkenweg, Amersfoort, Utrecht
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 28 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
As a Compliance Officer you will be part of the Legal, Tax & Compliance Department, reporting directly to the General Counsel.
Result areas of the department
The Legal, Tax & Compliance Department is responsible for providing legal counselling and ensuring overall compliance within the assigned scope. The team focuses on ensuring compliance of the legal status of the structure, operations, and agreements of Oikocredit and related foundations and on developing compliance policies.
The Compliance Officer is responsible for the further development, maintenance and enhancement of Oikocredit’s compliance guidelines and framework. The Compliance Officer should continue to educateing the organisation to the best possible extent on compliance guidelines, such that monitoring and compliance assessment can be done by the units and regions themselves as much as possible. The Compliance Officer is end-responsible for identification, assessment and monitoring of compliance within the organisation and as such may track high risk activities. Scope of compliance extends to client related integrity, product related integrity, employee conduct related integrity, company related integrity and intermediaries related integrity.
The deliverables of the function can be split to;
- Update compliance frameworks and developing policies in the scope of Compliance
- Advisory and training, and
For (1), this implies the Compliance Officer facilitates the articulation of the Managing Board’s compliance appetite and tolerances in line with the strategy approved by the Supervisory Board, and leads the translation of the compliance tolerances into concrete guidelines and control mechanisms. Therefore the Compliance Officer is responsible for the design and implementation of the compliance management frameworks in order to measure and monitor, and where appropriate mitigate, compliance. This implies to;
- Enhance and embed the compliance frameworks for managing compliance across the organisation to ensure that individual, aggregate, and emerging risks are identified timely
- Implement the compliance controls and monitor the risk-taking activities and risk exposure to enable the organisation to remain within agreed risk tolerances
- Play an active role in embedding integrity in the organization
For (2), as the Compliance Officer has limited capacity for continuous monitoring, the focus in Oikocredit’s organisation should be on self-assessment, supported by advisory and training from the Compliance Officer. This implies to;
- In collaboration with Legal advice management on the compliance involved, new products and services, and the inflow and outflow portfolios
- Pro actively translate signals or trends from business into concrete advice
- Embed a culture of compliance through training, communication and promotion of the compliance frameworks
- Partner with the business to enable the design and implementation of processes to enable the business to bring operations in compliance with relevant laws and regulations
For (3), to a limited the extent, the Compliance Officer is involved in monitoring and subsequently reporting of the compliance level throughout the organisation. This implies to;
- Prepare reports to the Managing Board on the current compliance risk profile of the organization
- Monitor the assessment of compliance in proposals for new products, programs, channels and services, or assess the compliance aspects of front office project proposals (credit, private equity, renewable energy, agriculture)
- Monitor and report on compliance against the strategic objectives
Education, skills and experience
- Academic degree in the field of law (preferably), economics or finance and banking
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in the field of compliance
- Know the balance between theoretical knowledge and practical applicability
- Fluency English and desirably another language (Dutch, Spanish or French)
- Organization awareness
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
International working environment.
Oikocredit is a social impact investor and worldwide cooperative with over four decades of experience in leading positive change through investments in financial inclusion, agriculture and renewable energy. Oikocredit supports partner organisations in Africa, Asia and Latin America through loans, investments and capacity building. It is financed by individuals and institutions who want to be part of a global movement for social change. Their investments prioritise social impact while safeguarding the environment and generating fair financial returns. They are a global organisation with local presence, able to respond to our partners’ needs and strengthen them by offering more than financing. The people at Oikocredit are from different backgrounds and nationalities. They work towards the common goals of empowering people, following fair trade principles, caring for the environment and improving people’s living conditions.