Assistant Professor Environmental Sciences (0,8 fte)
The department is seeking for a candidate holding a Ph.D.-degree in Environmental Sciences or a related field. The successful candidate has proven experience …
- Valkenburgerweg, Heerlen, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 uur
The department is seeking for a candidate holding a Ph.D.-degree in Environmental Sciences or a related field. The successful candidate has proven experience in process-oriented modelling of environmental systems. The modelling may relate to a variety of environmental topics, e.g. hydrology, pollution, biodiversity or climate change. Good command of modelling techniques is a must, preferably including spatially-explicit modelling. Affinity with the socio-economic dimensions of environmental issues is desirable. We encourage applications from candidates with an interest in Integrated Environmental Modelling.
The successful applicant will be joining the Department of Science at the Open University. The following tasks are foreseen:
- Teaching courses at the Bachelor and Master’s level within their own expertise and in general environmental science
- Development of a research line, fitting with the research programme of the Faculty (Learning and Innovation in Resilient Systems), and acquisition of funding to expand this research line
- Coaching and supervising MSc and Ph.D.-students
- Ph.D.-degree in environmental sciences or a related field
- A solid base in the natural sciences, e.g. in geography, biology, chemistry and/or physics
- Experience with and talent for academic teaching
- A strong record of international peer-reviewed publications
- Knowledge of and experience with programme languages such as R, Java and/or Matlab
- Affinity with Geographic Information Systems
- Ability for and willingness to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Very good command of spoken and written English
- Willingness to learn Dutch in two years
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
The salary will be determined on the basis of your education, experience and qualifications but will be in accordance with the general salary scales 11/12 of the CLA-NU. An indication of the maximum gross salary is
€ 5.656,= per month based on a full-time tenure.
The employment is for 2 years with perspective for tenure position.
The Open University provides good secondary benefits such as training, mobility, part-time employment and paid parental leave.
PLEASE NOTE: The email address indicated above is to be used exclusively for the gathering of more information regarding this vacancy. You are urgently requested to only send your application to the email address as indicated below under ‘Application Procedure’.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature