1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Post-doc researcher Machine Learning (1,0 fte)
The candidate will be expected to spend most of their time in developing machine learning tools for companies (0,8 FTE), writing research publications, and …
- Valkenburgerweg, Heerlen, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- The candidate will be expected to spend most of their time in developing machine learning tools for companies (0,8 FTE), writing research publications, and spend time in regular and non-regular education developing hands-on seminars to be presented to students of the OU university and to companies (0,2 FTE).
The candidate is expected to conduct research and research-based teaching in one or more of the following areas:
- Machine learning, especially deep learning and statistical approaches;
- The mathematical and statistical foundations of machine learning;
- Applications of machine learning;
- Semi-supervised learning;
- Reinforcement learning;
- Unsupervised learning;
- Time Series Analysis;
- Computer Vision;
- Activity Recognition;
- Voice and Speech Recognition.
- A PhD in machine learning, data science, computer science, or a closely related field;
- Record of publications of research at a high international level in well-respected peer reviewed venues, such as top machine learning conferences or journals;
- A record of contributing to the goals of the institutions in which he/she has worked, for example submitting proposals to H2020 is a plus;
- Track record of successful teaching is also a plus.
The ideal candidate also possesses the following technical skills;
- Python and R programming or willingness to learn (further and beyond);
- Affinity with imbalanced learning, and machine learning frameworks;
- Knowledge of Keras, Pytorch and other Deep Learning frameworks;
- Numpy, Numba, Pandas, Scipy;
- Affinity with Reinforcement learning;
- Affinity with Open CV, Spacy, NLTK, libRosa for various types of signal processing tasks.
The salary will be determined on the basis of your education, experience and qualifications but will be in accordance with the general salary scales 11/12 of the CLA-NU. An indication of the maximum gross salary is €5.656,= per month based on a full-time tenure.
The Open University provides good secondary benefits such as training, mobility, part-time employment and paid parental leave.
The employment contract is for the duration of 2 years (start around mid-2019).
For more information about this vacancy you can contact: Prof Dr Gerard Mertens, email: Gerard.Mertens@ou.nl.
For additional information about the Open Universiteit, you can visit our websites http://www.ou.nl.
PLEASE NOTE: The email address indicated above is to be used exclusively for the gathering of more information regarding this vacancy. You are urgently requested to only send your application to the email address as indicated below under ‘Application Procedure’.