This is a part-time position (0.3-0.4 FTE) in the RPWDE section. The Professor will be the lead of the Ports and Waterways group and will be responsible for th…
Research Director Welten Institute (1,0 fte)
The research director:
Is responsible for and formulates - in line with the OU Strategic Plan - the strategy and policy of the Welten Institute in conjunction with the institute's strategic board.
Chairs the operational management ...
- Valkenburgerweg, Heerlen, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
The research director:
- Is responsible for and formulates - in line with the OU Strategic Plan - the strategy and policy of the Welten Institute in conjunction with the institute's strategic board.
- Chairs the operational management team, ensures the implementation of strategy and policy, with a focus on the following areas:
- the organisation of the institute and developing work practices;
- implementing institute policy on human resources, finance and infrastructure in line with the framework conditions of both faculty and central policy, and implementing the research policy;
- the annual quality assurance cycle;
- human resource management at the institute;
- monitoring the budgetary framework.
- Has the ability to bring together academic insights and to utilise the richness of the pluriform nature of the institute to fulfil the remit concerning the innovation of education.
- Achieves wider collaboration between the research themes of the Welten Institute and the research conducted by the Psychology research group at the faculty, and with other relevant research groups at the university.
- Promotes high-quality research.
- Has the ability to contribute to the innovation of education at the OU in line with the OU's mission and to strengthen the collaboration between the institute and the faculties in this area.
- Is enterprising and enters into agreements and collaborations, and has the ability to raise the visibility of the institute.
- Is a member of and participates in the faculty management team, and serves as a consultation partner for the Executive Board.
- ‘Personalises’ the mission of the institute and the Open University of the Netherlands.
For further information regarding procedure and complete profile visit: https://www.ou.nl/vacature-wetenschappelijk-directeur-welten-instituut
Studying online anywhere in the Netherlands and Belgium (Flanders)The Open Universiteit of the Netherlands is the university in the Netherlands where students study part-time and follow online and activating education in bachelor and master degree programmes in seven fields of study. Characteristics of the education are openness, flexibility and quality. Enhancing the study success of students is an important point of focus. More than 15.000 students are studying at the Open Universiteit and it has 531 employees. The Open Universiteit has a network of fifteen regional study centres in the Netherlands and six in Belgium (Flanders). The head office is situated in Heerlen.
The most modern technologies and educational insights are applied in bachelor and master programmes and courses and also in projects and programmes with partners. Nationally and internationally the Open Universiteit plays a key role in the innovation of higher education. Education and research are closely interrelated which guarantees that the current state of science is applied. The Open Universiteit not only invests in research in the various academic disciplines, but also in research in learning sciences and learning technologies.
For several consecutive years, the Open Universiteit has achieved the top 2 position among the fourteen Dutch universities in the National Students Survey, the Dutch university guide ‘Keuzegids Universiteiten’ (in which the ratings by students and experts of the bachelor studies of the fourteen universities are compared), and the Dutch university guide ‘Keuzegids Masters’. In addition all studies score high in the rankings of the universities for these studies. All ratings are available on the website.
Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
The faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences is strong in education and research. The faculty offers scientific bachelor and master studies Psychology and a master Educational Sciences. Four different master studies Psychology are offered: Work and organizational psychology, Health psychology, Clinical psychology and Lifespan psychology. The research programme of the scientific field of psychology is positioned within one of the four afore-mentioned fields of study of psychology. The Welten-instituut is the research centre for learning, teaching and technology. It is a department of the faculty which plays an important role in research into the innovation of education and professionalization of teachers, both nationally and internationally.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature