Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Servicepunt71 - Leiden
- Barendrecht, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 7000 - € 9100 per maand
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar, 5-10 jaar
For the Netherlands we are immediately looking for the following colleague:
HBO+ │ 40 uur │ 85K-110K
At Vispero, you’ll be part of a global team enhancing solutions that make a difference in people’s lives. Vispero is the world’s leading assistive technology provider for the visually impaired and owner of the brands Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec, and TPGI. All the Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them reach their full potential.
The Product Manager is a key role in the organization, with full ownership and responsibility for Vispero’s Low Vision & Blindness Accessibility Technology Hardware product lines. This includes product strategy, product/feature roadmap, business analysis, and product feature/function definition. Product Managers are instrumental in providing cross-functional leadership in the development, launch and support of their products – helping bridge the gap between various functional areas within the company, such as engineering, operations, sales, marketing, and support. Product Managers must possess both the strategic and visionary skills necessary to define product needs, and the tactical project management skills necessary to lead new product development (NPD) from inception, through design & engineering to mass production launch and eventual end of life.
This role will report directly to the VP of Hardware Products.
A Product Manager’s job includes defining product strategy, developing a business case, defining & prioritizing product requirements, and establishing product/feature roadmaps. Part of this responsibility involves gathering customer research, conducting competitive intelligence, and monitoring industry and technology trends. Outbound responsibilities include product messaging and customer communications.
Product Managers are responsible for leading the cross-functional project teams to bring a product to market. These tasks include working with:
- The engineering (HW & SW) team to plan, design & build the product
- Operations to manufacture and distribute the product
- Sales and marketing to manage product pricing, messaging, customer communication, and product launches
- Technical support to ensure readiness to support the product after launch and during its lifetime
After product launch, Product Managers are responsible for:
- Monitoring the success and performance of a product
- Defining and implementing strategies for improvement as necessary
Specific Job Duties
- Product Strategy
- Business case management
- Feature definition
- New Product Development
- Life cycle management
- An expert understanding of our products and their value proposition and how Low Vision & Blind users use the products.
- Successful new product launches that:
- Meet customer/market requirements:
- Features & performance that best meet customer requirements
- Provide Low Vision & Blind end users with best-in-class product design, function & reliability
- Comprehend Low Vision or Blind UX/HF considerations in the product design
- World-class product designs that are differentiating & competitive
- Meet or exceed business performance objectives such as:
- Strategic & product roadmap need
- Cost, price point & margin targets
- Time-to-market goals
- Grow and/or maintain market share
- Meet customer/market requirements:
Key Personal Attributes
- Analytical thinking and inquisitive mindset for investigations and problem solving
- Strong business knowledge and ability to complete in-depth business/financial analyses is required
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal with the ability to understand and effectively communicate hardware and software information
- Strong Leadership skills
- Well organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent time management skills, self-motivated, and self-managed
- Ability to build positive constructive relationships with cross functional team members internally and externally
- High level of personal integrity, communication, and flexibility
- Proactive with a sense of urgency in managing job responsibilities
- Focus, energetic, motivated, open to constructive criticism
- Team player, “can-do” attitude, and excellent interpersonal skills
We are committed to attracting and retaining candidates who have a passion for their work and who bring complementary talents to the team. If you are dedicated to excellence and want to work with an outstanding team in an exciting, challenging, fast paced environment, please send your resume to vacatures@Optelec.com or visit our website www.optelec.nl.
NB: agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Product Management, Technology, Product Strategy, Product Development, Productontwikkeling, Medische Apparatuur, Technische Groothandel