Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
In today’s rapidly changing world, society expects university-community engagement towards addressing a wide range of societal concerns. Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) takes this responsibility seriously and together with its community it tackles complex societal challenges and formulates solutions for the society of the future.
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Vast contract
Based in the dynamic and diverse city of Rotterdam, EUR positions itself as an international knowledge hub for critical thinking and academic training, driven by a strong focus on current societal issues. On the lively, modern campus, a very international student body of more than 30,000 students is constantly encouraged to develop their talents and pursue their ambitions. This ambition is great and drives how we think and act. Academic excellence is combined with a societal impact: ‘making minds matter’!
The Supervisory Board now invites expressions of interest in the position of Rector Magnificus. The Rector Magnificus, together with the President (prof. dr. Ed Brinksma), and the Chief Operating Officer (Dr. Ellen van Schoten RA) forms the Executive Board (EB) of EUR. The EB collectively governs the university and bears ultimate responsibility for the organisation. It leads the implementation and realisation of Strategy 2024 and the convergence agenda with Erasmus MC and TU Delft. The EB is also responsible for the university’s policy agenda, the quality of the education it provides and the research it carries out, its contribution to society, and the business operations. The EB operates collegially under the chairmanship of the President and is accountable to the Supervisory Board. The Members of the EB are appointed by the Supervisory Board.
The Rector, together with his colleagues in the Executive Board, is responsible for realising the university’s ambition in the areas of education, research, impact, internationalisation, diversity, entrepreneurship, and sustainability, as described in Strategy 2024. She/he will also actively provide substantive direction to convergence with Erasmus MC and TU Delft.
The candidate identifies with the following profile:
- is a Professor with a proven track record within the academic community and is active in safeguarding and expanding the integrity and academic quality of education, research and societal contributions.
- has administrative experience in a complex university environment, possibly at the level of (vice)Dean, and recognises the central role that faculties play in shaping strategic choices for the university.
- has a strong affinity with the academic disciplines represented at EUR, having a good understanding of the importance of convergence of the Social Sciences and Humanities with medical and technical disciplines involved in the convergence with Erasmus MC and TU Delft.
- recognises and promotes our Erasmian values; engaged with society, world citizen, connecting, open-minded, entrepreneurial.
- is an authoritative team-player, capable of transcending her/his own portfolios and providing strategic contributions to others.
- has an excellent developed sense for administrative and organisational relationships within the university and her faculties, where the participatory bodies are important partners.
- endorses EUR policy principles such as strengthening diversity and inclusion, promoting social safety and a positive work climate.
- has a clear affinity, ambition and experience with sustainability in education, research and in the organisation
- will nurture partnerships at local, regional, and international level
- has - in view of the strong international character of EUR - broad international experience in research, education, and management.
- is in every aspect a team-player, with her/his colleagues in the Executive Board as with the (vice) Deans and the entire university.
- as a team-player, has experience with fostering a sense of community and as a figurehead shows connecting, inspiring and inclusive leadership.
- has the academic vision to inspire the faculties in implementing Strategy 2024.
- can challenge the academic community to pursue big and daring ideas in research and to pursue quality, engagement, and innovation in education.
- has a democratic style of leadership and sees the advantages of a university as one community.
- is communicative, diplomatic and exercises an open and transparent style
- is an inspiring person with the flexibility and sensitivity that is required to build bridges within the university and with stakeholders at national and international levels.
- is accessible and approachable, open, and clear, and does not shy away from confrontation.
- is driven to realise the university’s ambitions.
An excellent command of both Dutch and English is required in view of the international character of the EUR community.
The appointment is for a period of four years with the possibility for one further term of reappointment. The Supervisory Board aims to appoint a new Rector Magnificus before the Summer recess. The selection process is designed in close collaboration with the academic community and the University Council, under the supervision of the Supervisory Board.
The position is valued according to the Standards for Remuneration Act (Wet Normering Topinkomens).
The Executive Search agency Perrett Laver has been asked to support the Supervisory Board in the process of recruiting a Rector for the EUR. To apply for the role, please upload an up-to-date curriculum vitae and a covering letter which includes your motivation, quoting reference number 5028, via www.perrettlaver.com/candidates. For questions and further information, you may contact Dr Emi Saliasi at Emi.Saliasi@perrettlaver.com or by phone on +31 (0)20 2404 373. The deadline for applications is 9:00am CET on 26th April 2021.
Applications will be considered by the selection committee in early May. Perrett Laver will conduct preliminary discussions with longlisted candidates and the selection committee will then meet to decide on a shortlist of candidates mid May. These individuals will subsequently be invited for informal sessions and for formal interview with the Selection Committee in Rotterdam. Selection of and negotiations with the preferred candidate will take place thereafter.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature