Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Senior Bioinformatics research scientist (PhD in bioinformatics or similar expertise)
The Molenaar group at the Princess Máxima Center aims at the translation of molecular genetic knowledge on pediatric solid tumors in new clinical …
- Heidelberglaan, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
The Molenaar group at the Princess Máxima Center aims at the translation of molecular genetic knowledge on pediatric solid tumors in new clinical applicable therapeutic interventions. There is a specific focus on pediatric neuroblastoma, as children with high risk neuroblastoma have a survival chance of only 30-40%. Genomic aberrations in neuroblastoma are identified by analysis of patient-derived tumor biopsies using high-throughput profiling techniques as WGS, WES, (single cell) RNA sequencing, gene expression profiling and methylation profiling. To study biomarker-drug response associations and drug combination strategies to prevent or overcome resistance to single agent therapy, we set up a high-throughput screening platform using robotics. Single drugs and drug combinations are tested in classical cell lines and 3D organoids developed from patient-derived tumor biopsies. These techniques are implemented in our iTHER precision medicine program.
The primary tasks of the candidate are
- To perform integrative analysis of all high-content data to identify mutations, mutational processes and expression profiles as new selection biomarkers.
- To generate analytic tools for the above purpose that fit in our current bioinformatics platforms. This should be done in close collaboration with the bioinformatics research groups from Patrick Kemmeren (our institute) and Jan Koster (Amsterdam UMC).
- To generate analytic methodologies for compound sensitivity analysis and to implement these in our analytic tools.
- To implement these analyses in our precision medicine program.
Education and skills
For the offered position, we are looking for a highly enthusiastic and motivated bioinformatics research scientist with a great interest in omics based cancer research and data integration. You have programming experience with R, perl, python, java and/or C. You are familiar with the development of algorithms for the analysis of high-throughput data. You like to collaborate and support other researchers and you are keen on clear communication with colleagues about research methods and results.
A temporary, fulltime position as a senior bioinformatics research scientist in a very stimulating and cross-disciplinary research environment. Your gross monthly salary will depend on experience and background. The Princess Máxima Center operates according to the collective labor agreement ‘cao algemene ziekenhuizen’.
For more information please contact:
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.