Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - Stichting Vervangingsfonds (Vf) en Participatiefonds (Pf) - Rotterdam
Customs Manager EMEA
Do you have a First or Masters Level Degree in Logistics, Business or Engineering? Do you have profound Project Management/Leadership experience? Then read further.
- Industrieweg, Uithoorn, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 10-15 jaar, > 15 jaar
Quaker Chemical B.V. is looking for a:
Customs Manager EMEA
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Quaker Chemical Corporation, headquartered in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, is a worldwide developer, producer, and marketer of custom-formulated chemical specialty products and a provider of chemical management services for manufacturers around the globe, primarily in the Steel and Automotive industries. Quaker Chemical is a financially sound and growing company.
Our EMEA Headquarters are located in Uithoorn, near Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Over 400 people are employed by Quaker EMEA, working on product development, production, sales and marketing. Quaker Chemical EMEA manufactures more than 500 different products, mainly auxiliary substances for the metal producing and processing industry. Although operating internationally and with a global orientation, the feel of the Uithoorn site is quite local, which results in an open, informal and a pragmatic atmosphere.
The Customs Manager is responsible for all customs processes in the EMEA Region. He/she develops the strategic vision and sets up customs and compliance processes on this basis.
The role of the Customs Manager is a bridging function between different departments such as: Shipping, Finance, Customer Services, Supply Chain and Sales.
- Develop and implement on regional scale Import and Export policies and procedures
- Apply strategic and tactical leadership to Supply Chain, Finance and Customs compliance program
- Insure adherence to regulatory requirements and programs, proper classifications and proper documentation for both import and export in daily operation
- Effectively use shipment data and documentation for managing exceptions
- Manage export and import licenses and approvals from foreign regulatory agencies where needed, Work collaboratively with sales
- Monitor regulatory and legislative changes. Maintain compliance with all applicable government regulations and communicate those requirements to the organization/management
- Responsible for oversight of and compliance to international trade sanctions regulations
- Perform regular audits of import/compliance process to detect and resolve any issues or breakdowns in the process, and random audit of Customs entry folders and database to ensure that the proper documentation and information is stored and easily retrieved
- Review product descriptions and technical data to determine import/export classification in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and applicable laws and regulations. Ensure proper maintenance and compliancy of the HTS codes
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of customs
- Coordinate the preparation of statements, summaries and other cost-benefit analyses and management reports
- Evaluate reporting systems, procedures and make recommendations for changes and procedures, operating systems, budget and other control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers
- Ensure that the (in)direct reports comply with the applicable regulations and standards regarding quality, safety, environmental as well as the occupational health standards in order to minimize risks in these areas and to create opportunities and chances for improvement
- First or Masters Level Degree in Logistics, Business, or Engineering
- Profound Project Management/Leadership experience and excellent communication/negotiation skills
- Growth and business development mind-set
- Strong Interpersonal/Intercultural skills in order to manage a variety of stakeholders in different countries
- Ability to influence, negotiate and resolve conflicts on internal and external board level
- Extensive work experience in Logistics, and Customs and Trade compliance (10 years)
- Experience working in a matrix organization
Skills and competencies
- Negotiation skills, organizational skills, communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, results oriented and innovative
If you recognize yourself in the above and you have become enthusiastic about the position, you might be the colleague to join our team!
We offer an interesting job in a professional team, competitive salary and an attractive fringe benefits package.
Do not hesitate and send us your written motivation and curriculum vitae. Please use our application form, attn. Christa Koot. HR department.
For additional information about Quaker, look at www.quakerchem.com.
Acquisition is not appreciated.
Keywords: Customs Compliance Manager, Operations manager, douane manager, expediteur, teamleider, strategisch manager, Regulatory manager, Export, Shipping, Supply Chain