About 23 hours - LEVS architecten - Amsterdam
Ben jij de Manager Bedrijfsvoering die de organisatie van dit creatieve bedrijf verder helpt professionaliseren? Mede met het oog op de groei die het bureau he…
As a Monitoring Officer within Global Compliance Monitoring, you will be responsible for the global compliance assessment of all the activities of Rabobank regarding products, policies and processes, risk and controls, first and second line monitoring, support systems and people.
Do you have experience in auditing or monitoring compliance themes within International Wholesale/Rural/Retail Banking or Financial Markets? Do you have strong analytic, auditing and consulting skills? Do you want to enhance the compliance behavior of Rabobank?
Utrecht, 36 hours
As a Monitoring Officer within Global Compliance Monitoring, you will be responsible for the global compliance assessment of all the activities of Rabobank regarding products, policies and processes, risk and controls, first and second line monitoring, support systems and people. Being responsible for providing high quality global monitoring entails conducting in-depth analysis and thematic investigations, analyse to what extent policy implementations will lead to an effective control of compliance risks and advise on necessary interventions.
You are a strong sparring partner for (senior) management (both within Compliance and the business), with thorough knowledge of both the business and the relevant laws and regulations. You have knowledge and experience with key compliance themes including Customer Due Diligence, Anti Money Laundering, Sanctions, Treating Customers Fairly, Data privacy, Market Abuse, Anti-Corruption and Conflicts of Interest.
The role will consist of the following key elements:
* Monitoring: The research set-up is clear and reported in time, the required information is collected and processed in time, the analyses are performed correctly and the conclusions are drawn correctly. Reports/publications are clear, complete and of a high quality.
* Judgement, Provision of information & Reporting: the (complex, discipline-transcending) issues are dealt with correctly and in time and the required information is collected and processed in time.
* Advise:Keeping up to date with relevant developments and sharing them with those involved.
* Internal customer relation management: Internal releations are appropriately and sufficiently informed in time whereby needs are observed, communicated and registered. Internal customer satisfaction is tested and registered.
* Policy development: Relevant internal and external developments are monitored and communicated with/reported to those involved.
Additional to the generic competencies mentioned below, due to the nature of this role, knowledge of the relevant regulations and the business as well as change management, consulting and project management skills are key.
Global Compliance Monitoring is a new to be build department and part of the Compliance department of Rabobank Group. Compliance has a key role in the promotion and safeguarding of the integrity as well as the reputation of Rabobank Group. Compliance promotes and monitors that the integrity and compliance rules are closely adhered to through its teams dedicated to business line compliance for the various markets (e.g. Retail Netherlands, Rural & Retail, Wholesale, Member Banks), as well as the expertise centers on themes such as market abuse, conflicts of interests and financial economic crime.
The Global Compliance Monitoring department will initally consist of 25 Monitoring officers who will monitor if the business (first line) and the staff and supporting departments (second line) of Rabobank satisfies the compliance requirements dictated by both external and internal rules and regulations. By permanent assessing all entities, regions and business lines the Global Compliance Monitoring department will provide at all times a transparent compliance risk profile (dashboard) that gives the opportunity to identify, determine and mitigate compliance risks and look forward. The department will also develop future monitoring methods using “RegTech” innovations in cooperation with other departments within Compliance & Risk, Fintech & Innovation and (inter)national regulators. You will actively participate in these developments.
What we offer
Rabobank offers a competitive salary and fringe benefits. Your salary depends on your education, knowledge and experience.
If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact Marielle Jenneskens, recruiter, 06 10528552.
This vacancy will be published until 7 November 2017.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your letter of application, including job number and detailed CV in English, to Marielle Jenneskens, recruiter, using the ‘Apply now’ link.
The application procedure can include an assessment.
The Rabobank Group screens all interns and new employees according to the ‘Rabobank Screening Regulation’ in order to ascertain whether the applicant may hold a position at Rabobank.
* A completed certified Compliance Professional/Officer education
* At least 5 year audit and/or monitoring experience in Compliance (or Compliance-related), knowledge of monitoring techniques and data analyses experience
* Experience in the financial industry, preferably within Banking (Wholesale, Financial Markets and/or Commercial)
* You are able to converse and write in English and Dutch excellently
* Experienced in working within an international context and willing tot travel frequently
Besides the two Rabobank competences ’Team player’ and ’Customer Focus’ you recognize yourself in the following competences:
* Problem solving / decision taking: Ability to withstand and resolve conflict in order to drive optimal solutions;
* Collaboration/cooperation: Ability to work collaboratively and dynamically across an (international) organization;
* Proactive/Initiative: Self starting and self organising, works effectively and efficiently, prioritizes work and anticipates business needs.