The Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) has the following vacancy: PhD in Mammalian synthetic biology within the department of Biomedical Engineering (BM…
2 PhD positions at the Centre for Language Studies
As a PhD candidate you will participate in the Centre for Language Studies (CLS) of the Faculty of Arts at Radboud University. Your research project and PhD …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
As a PhD candidate you will participate in the Centre for Language Studies (CLS) of the Faculty of Arts at Radboud University. Your research project and PhD thesis should align with one of the institute’s focus areas. Descriptions of these areas can be found on www.ru.nl/cls/.
- a Master’s degree (or expect to complete the degree before September 2018) in one of the disciplines represented in CLS;
- you are result-oriented, are fluent in English and have excellent writing skills;
- the support of a provisional supervisor at the professor level;
- a written approval statement from your provisional PhD supervisor at CLS;
- demonstrable research experience in the field of your proposal will be considered an advantage.
Conditionsyou will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a PhD student (Promovendus) in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
the gross starting salary amounts to €2,222 per month based on full-time employment, and will increase to €2,840 per month in the fourth year (P scale)
Selected applicants will be invited to write a full proposal according to the guidelines that can be downloaded on www.ru.nl/cls/PhDpositions. The proposal must be submitted before 28 May. Interviews will be held on 6 June.
Additional informationDr. Peter van der Heiden, Coordinator of the Graduate School for the Humanities
+ 3124 361 55 59
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. A place with a personal touch, where top-flight education and research take place on a beautiful green campus in modern buildings with state-of-art facilities.
Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts consists of ten departments in the areas of language and culture, history, history of arts, linguistics and communication and information studies, which together cater for about 2,400 students and collaborate closely in teaching and research.
Research at the Faculty of Arts is embedded in two research institutes: the Institute for Historical, Literary and Cultural Studies (HLCS) and the Centre for Language Studies (CLS).
No commercial propositions please.