Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant/Associate Professor of Cognitive Artificial Intelligence at the Donders Centre for Cognition
The Donders Centre for Cognition (DCC), embedded in the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, and the School of Artificial Intelligence at …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 6738 - € 6738 per maand
The Donders Centre for Cognition (DCC), embedded in the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, and the School of Artificial Intelligence at Radboud University (Nijmegen, Netherlands) are seeking two Assistant/Associate Professors to further strengthen their educational programmes and highly reputed research. Your educational responsibilities will be to coordinate and teach AI courses at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels at the School of Artificial Intelligence. You will supervise internships and theses. It is expected that, in the near future, you will be given the opportunity to teach in the fields of your research expertise as well.
With these new positions, the goal is to advance fundamental research in brain-inspired computing, broadly relevant for the themes of the Donders Institute, as well as to develop new human-centred intelligent technology to improve the well-being of people. We seek excellent candidates who aim to bridge the gap between artificial and natural intelligence.
The objective of these positions is to develop state-of-the-art AI research of international standing and to contribute to the teaching, guiding students to grow in insight, skill set and future perspective. The DCC and the Donders Institute provide excellent facilities such as a computing cluster, robot lab, a virtual reality lab, brain imaging, behavioural labs, and a technical support group.
You will be expected to:
- Develop, carry out and coordinate teaching in English.
- Supervise internships as well as BSc and MSc theses.
- Perform and publish top-quality research.
- Apply for external funding by submitting research proposals.
- Collaborate with other researchers and specialists in academia and/or industry.
- Develop a network of national and international partners.
- A PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computational Neuroscience, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- An inspiring teacher and expertise in teaching at an academic level in English.
- A university teaching qualification (BKO or equivalent).
- A track record in scientific research, as evidenced by publications in international academic journals.
- Good social, communication and organisational skills and team spirit.
- Experience in the acquisition of external funding and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (C1 level).
- An excellent command of written and spoken Dutch or the willingness to learn this language within two years.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- The exact salary depends on your qualifications and relevant professional experience. Applicable salary scale: 11 or 12 (maximum gross monthly salary of €5,656 assistant professor) or 13 or 14 (maximum gross monthly salary of €6,738 associate professor) based on a 38-hour working week .
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: upon positive evaluation after 2 years: permanent position.
- The intended start date is as soon as possible.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Marcel van Gerven, Full Professor
Tel.: +31 24 365 59 31
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature