1 dag geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
Assistant/Associate Professor of Geometry (tenure track)
As a tenure track assistant/associate professor you will carry out research in one of the leading areas in Mathematics, publish in leading journals in this …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 4852 - € 4852 per maand
As a tenure track assistant/associate professor you will carry out research in one of the leading areas in Mathematics, publish in leading journals in this area, and give talks at important conferences in this field.
You will teach courses of the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in Mathematics, and you should also be able to teach Mathematics courses in other disciplines. In addition, you will supervise Bachelor’s and Master’s projects and you will actively contribute to organisational tasks within the institute.
In relation to the interaction between the departments within the Faculty of Science, the recruitment of new students, and other outreach activities, we value an open and outgoing attitude and excellent communication skills.
- you have a PhD in Mathematics and are a proven independent researcher;
- you work in one or more subfields of Geometry (broadly interpreted);
- you have a demonstrated track record in leading scientific journals and conferences;
- you have convincingly formulated your own research programme;
- you have excellent teaching skills and preferably some academic teaching experience;
- you should be able to teach a broad range of courses in our teaching programme;
- if you are not sufficiently fluent in Dutch, you will be allowed to teach in English; however, you should be willing and able to acquire the skills necessary to lecture in Dutch within three years;
- you have the potential to generate external research funding to support research projects.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,852 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- this is a tenure track position. The tenure criteria will be clearly defined at the start of your employment. There will be a mid-term evaluation after three years and a final evaluation after five and a half years at the latest. If the final evaluation is positive, your contract will be converted into a permanent contract
- if you are already well advanced in your career, an earlier final evaluation may be possible
- you will be classified as an Assistant Professor (Universitair docent) or as an Associate Professor (Universitair hoofddocent) in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
The department aims at increasing the number of female academic mathematicians employed by the institute. Female candidates are therefore particularly encouraged to apply.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Prof. dr. B.J.J. Moonen
Telefoon: +31 24 365 32 20
No commercial propositions please.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature