Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematical Physics (tenure track)
A mathematician working in the area of mathematical general relativity and/or geometric analysis, preferably with some affinity for theoretical physics. This …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
A mathematician working in the area of mathematical general relativity and/or geometric analysis, preferably with some affinity for theoretical physics. This position will broaden the scope of the Mathematical Physics group, which has traditionally specialised in quantum (field) theory, operator algebras and non-commutative geometry, foundations of physics, and Lie theory and integrable systems, but has recently appointed an assistant professor of mathematical relativity. This new position will also strengthen IMAPP’s increasing focus on gravity as a key research theme (ranging from its mathematical language and underpinning to the theoretical study of classical and quantum gravity to the imaging of black holes by the Event Horizon Telescope), as well as the Mathematics Department’s focus on applied analysis, and geometry and topology. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- You have a PhD in Mathematics and are a proven independent researcher in the area mentioned above, in which you pursue your own well-defined research programme.
- You have clear international visibility through a demonstrated track record in publishing conference appearances.
- You have demonstrable passion for both research and teaching, excellent teaching skills, and preferably some academic teaching experience.
- You should be able to teach a broad range of courses in our teaching programme.
- If you are not sufficiently fluent in Dutch yet, you will initially be allowed to teach in English; however, you should be willing and able to acquire the skills necessary to lecture in Dutch within three years (Dutch language level B2).
- You have the potential and interest to generate external research funding to support research projects.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- Assistant Professor: at the start of your tenure track you will be employed as an Assistant Professor level 2 (salary scale 11, maximum gross monthly salary of €4,978) for a six year period. Following a positive evaluation based on the criteria you will be appointed as an Assistant Professor level 1 (salary scale 12, maximum gross monthly salary of €5,656) on the basis of a permanent contract. Further information on a tenure track at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
- Associate Professor: you will be employed as an Associate Professor level 2 (salary scale 13, maximum gross monthly salary of €6,133) or Associate Professor level 1 (salary scale 14, maximum gross monthly salary of €6,738), depending on your (scientific) track record and experience. Duration of the contract: in consultation.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. N.P. (Klaas) Landsman
Tel.: +31 24 3652874