The Department of Foundations and Methods of Law of the Faculty of Law of Maastricht University intends to appoint a fulltime Assistant Professor in Legal Theo…
Assistant or Associate Professor in Developmental Psychopathology
The Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) and the School of Pedagogical Sciences (PWO) of Radboud University are jointly looking for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Developmental Psychopathology, preferably with research expertise in anxiety and/or ...
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) and the School of Pedagogical Sciences (PWO) of Radboud University are jointly looking for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Developmental Psychopathology, preferably with research expertise in anxiety and/or depression in children and adolescents, but other areas will also be considered. Candidates with a particular interest in working with a multidisciplinary team of graduate students, faculty, programmers and designers on projects aimed at designing and evaluating innovative technology-based mental health interventions (e.g. applied games and interactive social apps) are encouraged to apply. You will be teaching in the fields of developmental psychopathology, developmental psychology and pedagogical science, and will supervise Master’s students and PhD candidates. You will have a combined (50%) teaching and (50%) research position. You will be expected to regularly apply for, and obtain, external grant-based funding.
- a doctoral degree (PhD) in psychology, neuroscience, pedagogical sciences, or in biomedical or behavioural sciences (or a related discipline);
- a track record of international publications in prestigious, peer-reviewed journals judged by quality, quantity and citation impact;
- you have successfully coordinated research projects and supervised graduate students;
- you have extensive training and expertise in studying typical development, psychopathology and/or behavioural change methods in children and/or adolescents;
- you are an enthusiastic teacher and have experience with teaching, developing courses and supervising undergraduate students;
- excellent social skills and the ability and desire to collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines;
- your qualifications meet the publication criteria of the Behavioural Science Institute and the Faculty of Social Sciences;
- teaching experience/skills evidenced by a certificate (BKO, the Basic University Teaching Qualification, or similar) or willingness to obtain such a certificate;
- an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- a very good command of Dutch or the willingness to learn Dutch in two years.
Conditions- depending on your profile, you will be appointed as an Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (scale 12,13 or 14). The salary depends on qualifications and experience
- you will be classified as an Assistant Professor, Level 1 (Universitair docent, niveau 1) or Associate Professor, Level 1 or 2 (Universitair hoofddocent, niveau 1 of 2), in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- the position offers excellent career development opportunities.
Additional informationProf. dr. Isabela Granic
+31 24 3612142
Prof. dr. Anna Bosman
+31 24 3612129
www.ru.nl/bsi ; www.ru.nl/pwo ; www.ru.nl/bsi/research/research-programmes/developmental-psychopathology/
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. A place with a personal touch, where top-flight education and research take place on a beautiful green campus in modern buildings with state-of-art facilities.
Faculty of Social Sciences
Your research will be part of the Developmental Psychopathology research programme of the Behavioural Science Institute (headed by Prof. Isabela Granic). We have a young, enthusiastic, multidisciplinary team, including a large group of PhD candidates and postdoctoral researchers. Our research group has strong long-standing collaborations with international game design departments across the globe (e.g. the University of Southern California and the Cologne Game Lab), with mental health and youth care agencies in the region (www.insideout.nl/), and with the Trimbos Institute(Netherlands Institute for Mental Health and Addiction). For more information about the research programme you will be most closely associated with, see www.gemhlab.com.
The Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) is part of the Faculty of Social Sciences. The BSI is a multidisciplinary behavioural research institute in which researchers collaborate across the boundaries of psychology, educational science and communication science. It has seven research programmes covering three main research themes: (1) development and learning, (2) psychopathology, health and well-being, and 3) social processes and communication. The BSI conducts applied/translational research as well as fundamental research. The BSI Graduate School (recognised by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research) is responsible for the training of PhD candidates.
The BSI has state-of-the-art research facilities for observational studies, experiments, eye-tracking studies, EEG measurements and GSR recording, psychobiological research, and behavioural measurements in both real and 3D virtual environments. The neuroimaging facilities of the Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (fMRI, MEG, and TMS) are available for research on the neural bases of behaviour.
The School of Pedagogical Sciences (PWO) currently has about 1,000 students. The PWO study programmes focus on questions concerning parenting, education, learning, and typical and atypical development of children and adults. The School advocates the application of pedagogical and educational knowledge in scientific research according to a scientist-practitioner model. The study programmes were rated as excellent in a recent survey among students.
No commercial propositions please.