The Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) and the School of Pedagogical Sciences (PWO) of Radboud University are jointly looking for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Developmental Psychopathology, preferably with research expertise in anxiety and/or depression in children and adolescents, but other areas will also be considered.
Candidates with a particular interest in working with a multidisciplinary team of graduate students, faculty, programmers and designers on projects aimed at designing and evaluating innovative technology-based mental health interventions (e.g. applied games and interactive social apps) are encouraged to apply. You will be teaching in the fields of developmental psychopathology, developmental psychology and pedagogical science, and will supervise Master’s students and PhD candidates. You will have a combined (50%) teaching and (50%) research position. You will be expected to regularly apply for, and obtain, external grant-based funding.
- a doctoral degree (PhD) in psychology, neuroscience, pedagogical sciences, or in biomedical or behavioural sciences (or a related discipline);
- a number of international publications in prestigious, peer-reviewed journals;
- you have successfully coordinated research projects and experience with supervising graduate students;
- you have training and expertise in studying typical development, psychopathology and/or behavioural change methods in children and/or adolescents;
- you are an enthusiastic teacher and have experience with teaching and supervising undergraduate students;
- excellent social skills and the ability and desire to collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines;
- teaching experience/skills evidenced by a certificate (BKO, the Basic University Teaching Qualification, or similar) or willingness to acquire it;
- an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- a very good command of Dutch or the willingness to learn Dutch in two years.
duraction of the contract: two years, with the possibility to become a permanent position after an excellent evaluation
- depending on your profile, you will be appointed as Assistant Professor (maximum gross monthly salary of €4,757, based on a 38-hour working week, scale 11) or Associate Professor (maximum gross monthly salary of €6,438 based on a 38-hour working week, scale 14). The salary depends on qualifications and experience
- you will be appointed as Assistant Professor (Universitair docent) or Associate Professor (Universitair hoofddocent), in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- the position offers excellent career development opportunities
Prof. dr. Isabela Granic
+31 24 361 21 29
Prof. dr. Anna Bosman
+31 24 361 21 29
; www.ru.nl/bsi/research/research-programmes/developmental-psychopathology/Radboud University