Assistant Professor in Theoretical High Energy Physics (Tenure Track)
We are looking for a high-energy phenomenologist with a solid grounding in quantum field theoretic methods. As Assistant Professor of Theoretical High-Energy …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 4978 - € 4978 per maand
We are looking for a high-energy phenomenologist with a solid grounding in quantum field theoretic methods. As Assistant Professor of Theoretical High-Energy Physics you will develop a bridge between theory on the one hand and collider experiments and/or astrophysical observations on the other. Your profile should fit in with and complement the existing activities of the phenomenology group (QCD for collider physics, Monte Carlo techniques, BSM physics, dark matter). Expertise in computational methods is a plus but not essential. In addition to conducting research, you will supervise students, participate in teaching organised in the Educational Institute for Mathematics, Physics and Astrophysics (WiNSt), contribute to organisational and management tasks within the department and institute, and play an active part in outreach activities.
Finally, you will be encouraged to further develop your management skills, participating in mentoring and leadership programmes.
- You hold a PhD degree in theoretical physics or another, related area.
- You have a strong research profile in high-energy phenomenology with a substantial track record of independent, original research.
- You are a leading researcher in your peer group internationally, as demonstrated by publications in top-level journals, invitations to conferences, prizes, grants, and other scientific distinctions.
- You have an in-depth working knowledge of quantum field theory, and are able to interact with both theorists and experimentalists.
- You are an able and enthusiastic teacher and supervisor, and have a track record commensurate with your career stage.
- You have an engaging and open-minded attitude and are ready to contribute actively to a scientifically vibrant, productive and interactive workplace.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4.978 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for a six-year period; after positive evaluation, you may be offered a permanent contract.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Further information on tenure tracks at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Wim Beenakker, Associate Professor
Tel.: +31 24 3652803
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature