1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Assistant Professor Microbial Cell Biology and Biochemistry (Tenure Track)
As a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Microbial Cell Biology and Biochemistry you will have the opportunity to develop your own internationally competitive …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 4978 - € 4978 per maand
As a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Microbial Cell Biology and Biochemistry you will have the opportunity to develop your own internationally competitive research lines in close collaboration with the other members of the Microbial Cell Biology group, and complement, strengthen and expand research and teaching at the Department of Microbiology. Research: you will lead and supervise the Microbial Cell Biology (MCB) group in close collaboration with the Chair. The aim of the MCB group is to link structure to function in microorganisms with societal or environmental relevance. MCB focuses on structure at a diverse range of cellular and subcellular levels: from cells to (prokaryotic) organelles, to proteins. Collaboration and synergy are keywords characterising the Department’s past and future successes. In addition, you are encouraged to collaborate on existing research lines, and supervise/co-supervise support staff, postdoctoral researchers and PhD candidates. There will also be plenty of opportunities to link the research lines with those of colleagues from the Institute for Water and Wetland Research (IWWR), the Institute for Molecules and Materials (IMM), the Radboud university medical center, and outstanding groups abroad or elsewhere in the Netherlands. Education: mentored by senior colleagues, you will be inducted into the teaching of the BSc Biology ( Microbiology learning trajectory ) and MSc Biology (Microbiology specialization) curriculum and have the opportunity to build an excellent track record of teaching experience and qualities. During the tenure track, you are invited to coordinate one BSc or MSc course, and ultimately obtain your basic teaching qualification (BKO). You can also supervise BSc and MSc students during their internships. Management: you will be encouraged to participate in Radboud University’s mentoring and academic leadership programme to develop your management skills, which may enable you to participate in committees such as the Biosciences Education Board, the Biosciences Programme Committee, the Biosciences Examination Board, or the IWWR Research Board.
- You have completed a PhD in a relevant field.
- You are enthusiastic, curious, and open-minded, with a keen interest in microbial cell biology.
- You are able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- You have a good track record in your field, evidenced by high-quality publications. Experience with grant application and some years of postdoctoral experience are a plus.
- You are a scientist with expertise complementary to that of the existing Microbial Cell Biology group. If you have a track record in (microbial) biochemistry and/or metabolic engineering, you are particularly encouraged to apply.
- You are a team player with good organisational and communication skills.
- You like to collaborate with, and work in, interdisciplinary research teams.
- You are motivated to become an inspirational lecturer with excellent teaching qualities. Experience with supervising BSc, MSc and/or PhD students is a plus.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4.978 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience. Starting salary will depend on experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: temporary position, with the prospect of a permanent appointment.
- At the start of the tenure track you will be appointed as an Assistant Professor, Level 2 (salary scale 11). If your performance is evaluated positively at the end of your tenure track, you will be permanently appointed as an Assistant Professor, Level 1
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. Laura van Niftrik, Associate Professor
Tel.: +31 24 3652563