Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanities is looking for a Postdoc position in the Horizon2020 project “Integrity” (0.8 FTE). Are you interested? Then please …
In the near future, the process of digitisation will change our society even more radically, and will assume an even greater significance. There is a steady …
In the near future, the process of digitisation will change our society even more radically, and will assume an even greater significance. There is a steady increase in the influence of algorithms on governmental and professional decisions. Transport, communication, privacy, health, safety and warfare have already undergone a thorough transformation. The ethical standards surrounding all these issues are under pressure, and must in some cases be invented anew. As a member of the Practical Philosophy chair, you, our new Assistant Professor of Applied Ethics, will be involved in education and research, as well as in administrative duties at the levels of the faculty and the chair. You will teach ethics at all levels of the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes at our own and at other faculties, and also supervise students doing internships or Master’s theses.
In addition to teaching, you will be involved in educational development at both faculty and programme levels. Moreover, you will be actively involved in research at the Center for Contemporary European Philosophy (CCEP), in particular into ethical issues surrounding the above-mentioned issues, and contribute to the acquisition of externally financed research projects.
- you graduated on a theme in philosophical ethics;
- you demonstrably have a thorough knowledge of the historical and contemporary discussions in philosophical ethics;
- you have an applied ethical expertise in developments in the field of digital society;
- you are a dedicated teacher, experienced in teaching at a variety of levels, and you have a clear vision on education;
- you are preferably in possession of the University Teaching Qualification (BKO) or are willing to obtain such a qualification within two years;
- you are capable of contributing to CCEP-related research;
- you either already have an excellent knowledge of Dutch, or else you are capable of achieving C2 level within two years;
- your verbal and written English skills are either at the C2 level, or else you are capable of achieving that level within two years.