Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor of Cryptographic Engineering (Tenure Track)
To strengthen the Digital Security (DiS) group’s applied cryptography and embedded security research line, we seek a tenure-track assistant professor with …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 4978 - € 4978 per maand
To strengthen the Digital Security (DiS) group’s applied cryptography and embedded security research line, we seek a tenure-track assistant professor with relevant background and experience in cryptographic engineering. Possible specialisations within the area of cryptographic engineering are secure and efficient implementation of cryptography, physical attacks and countermeasures, and embedded system security. You will have the opportunity to continue and further develop your own research line in the context of the group's future activities. You will be expected to supervise a number of PhD students and to teach Bachelor’s courses in Computer Science and Master’s courses in our cyber-security study programme. You will also actively contribute to the supervision of Bachelor's and Master's projects and be involved in organisational tasks at the institute.Since we are looking for a broad spectrum of possible candidates, we encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet all of the listed qualifications. We are aiming for a more diverse staff in the department. In view of our current gender balance, we strongly encourage qualified women to apply. The Faculty of Science, as well as Radboud University as a whole, strongly stimulate diversity and inclusion within education, research, and the organisation.
- You are an enthusiastic scientist (PhD) specialising in topics typically covered at the IACR Conference on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (CHES) and/or other related security/cryptography venues such as the USENIX Security Symposium and ACM CCS.
- Your expertise is in good synergy with the group’s current interests and is supported by publications at high-profiled venues, invitations to scientific conferences and/or research grants. Example areas include: cryptographic implementations, side channel and fault attacks and countermeasures, tools and methodologies for security evaluations and design, cryptography and security for the IoT, computer architectures for security, machine learning in embedded systems security, etc.
- You have good teaching skills and ample teaching experience, a clear vision on teaching, and are willing to teach a broad variety of courses in the Bachelor’s phase, as well as courses related to your research expertise in the cyber-security programme.
- You are a team player who is eager to collaborate with other scientists, and build bridges between different research areas within and outside DiS and Radboud University, both nationally and internationally, within and outside academia.
- You have good communication skills.
- You are interested, and preferably have experience, in cryptographic engineering for industry and real-world applications.
- You have the ability to successfully apply for external funding.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4.978 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 6 years, with the prospect of a permanent appointment.
- At the start of your tenure track you will be employed as an Assistant Professor level 2 (salary scale 11) for a six year period. Following a positive evaluation based on the criteria you will be appointed as an Assistant Professor level 1 (salary scale 12) on the basis of a permanent contract.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
prof. dr. Martha Larson, chair of the committie
Tel.: +31 24 361 57 19
prof. dr. Peter Schwabe, head of the Digital security group
Tel.: +31 24 365 20 31
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature