1 dag geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Assistant Professor of Experimental Psychopathology and Treatment
The Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) and the School of Psychology and Artificial Intelligence (PSKI), (Radboud University) are looking for an Assistant …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
The Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) and the School of Psychology and Artificial Intelligence (PSKI), (Radboud University) are looking for an Assistant Professor. The principal responsibilities of the Assistant Professor will be to contribute to the Experimental Psychopathology and Treatment (EPT) research programme and contribute to the teaching programme of the Clinical Psychology Section of the PSKI.). The offered position comprises equal amounts of research and teaching time.
As an Assistant Professor you will conduct your scientific research as part of the Experimental Psychopathology and Treatment (EPT) research programme, which is embedded in the Behavioural Science Institute. The major aim of this group is to contribute fundamental scientific knowledge to the domain of clinical psychological science. They try to achieve this by experimental studies of cognitive, neuro-affective and biological processes in psychopathology, with an emphasis on the development and maintenance of psychological dysfunctions, its diagnostics, and the processes of change achieved by psychological and preventive interventions. You will be teaching in the field of clinical psychology. This includes the supervision of theses within the context of the Bachelor’s degree programme in Psychology, the clinically oriented Master’s degree programme, and the Research Master’s degree programme Behavioural Science.
In our teaching the goal is to educate students to become scientist-practitioners, knowledgeable about clinical psychological work and able to do research, but also able to apply this knowledge. Research and clinical knowledge and skills are considered equally important. We are looking for candidates who share this vision and have the skills required to teach and train our students. You will hold a combined (50%) teaching and (50%) research position. You will be expected to regularly apply for external grant-based funding.
- A PhD degree in a relevant field; candidates with a background in experimental psychopathology and/or neuro-affective research are particularly encouraged to apply.
- A strong, internationally competitive academic record and demonstrable research experience.
- A proven track record of being successful in the acquisition of external research funding.
- An excellent track record in academic teaching.
- A University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) or the willingness to obtain such a certificate within 12 months. Candidates who are passionate about teaching, facilitating and assessing student learning, and mentoring in a collaborative environment are strongly encouraged to apply.
- You have developed a network of national and international partners.
- A team-player. That is, you have excellent social skills and the ability and desire to collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines (e.g. within the Behavioural Science Institute).
- The ability and willingness to contribute to organisational tasks.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English at C1 level as required by Radboud University.
- A very good command of Dutch or the willingness to learn this language within two years.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5,656 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 12).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience and will be according to salary scale 11 or 12.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: an initial appointment for two years, with the possibility of a permanent position following positive evaluation.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr. Eni Becker, Clinical Psychology
Tel.: + 31 24 361 20 04
Prof. dr. Karin Roelofs, Experimental Psychopathology
Tel.: + 31 24 361 20 04