Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Wageningen UR (University & Research) - Wageningen
Ondersteunen van studenten en onderzoekers bij het vinden en gebruik maken van wetenschappelijke informatiebronnen en reference managementsoftware als Endnote …
As Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament you will teach courses at all levels in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in Theology and Religious Studies, and also in degree programmes offered by ...
As Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament you will teach courses at all levels in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in Theology and Religious Studies, and also in degree programmes offered by other departments in the Humanities. Your teaching will cover a range of topics in Biblical and Jewish studies, including Hebrew language courses. You will be actively involved in the supervision and tutoring of students, and in the development of new courses and pedagogical approaches.
Some 40% of your time will be dedicated to pursuing high-quality academic, internationally visible research in the field of Hebrew Bible and/or Early Judaism. This research will be conducted in line with the interdepartmental research programme ‘Cognition, Culture and Language.’ You will also be involved in developing department-wide research projects and in acquiring external research funding.
- PhD in Theology or Religious Studies (or must be in hand by the time of appointment);
- proven ability to produce high-quality scholarship (e.g. publications in top-tier international journals);
- a strong command of relevant ancient languages, including but not limited to Classical Hebrew;
- the ability to contribute to the research programme ‘Cognition, Culture and Language’;
- international orientation as evinced by participation in international academic networks and/or international teaching experience;
- teaching experience in the study of theology and/or religion at various levels;
- a Junior University Teaching Qualification (BKO) or equivalent pedagogical training, or the willingness to obtain such a qualification within two years;
- excellent teaching and communication skills;
- the ability to contribute to general public debate on the basis of your academic expertise;
- sufficient command of written and spoken Dutch (C1 level) and English (C2 level), or the willingness to acquire this ability within a reasonable period of time (the ability to teach in Dutch will be a prerequisite for permanent appointment).
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. A place with a personal touch, where top-flight education and research take place on a beautiful green campus in modern buildings with state-of-art facilities.
Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies
Radboud University is an internationally-oriented, highly-ranked research university. For several years in a row, the University is ranked as the best traditional university in the Netherlands. Its Theology programme enjoys a very good ranking, both nationally and internationally. The Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies occupies a central place within the university. It employs approximately 140 people and has an enrolment of approximately 600 students. Responsibility and solidarity are essential values within the Faculty’s culture as they determine our social and academic behaviour. The University is strategically located in Europe and easily accessible from a number of other EU countries.
No commercial propositions please.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature