2 dagen geleden - Universiteit van Tilburg - Tilburg
Assistant Professor of International and European Law
You play a pivotal role in the field of internationalisation within the Faculty of Law. The process of globalisation has made it inevitable to analyse …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
You play a pivotal role in the field of internationalisation within the Faculty of Law. The process of globalisation has made it inevitable to analyse national law from the broader perspective of public international law and the law of the European Union. You ensure that links between national and inter / supranational law are made visible where possible and subjected to further study. To this end, you initiate short and longer-term collaborative projects between the various departments within the Research Centre for State and Law. One segment of the research programme of the centre is devoted to the study of the interaction between national, international and European law. For that reason, you are expected to be particularly interested in the impact of international and European law within the domestic legal order, especially in the sphere of public law.
For the next few years, the Faculty of Law also places a specific research focus on the theme ‘Conflict solving institutions’. Your research is partly aimed at providing insight into mechanisms that play a role in preventing and resolving disputes in a cross-border context, for example in the domain of international economic law.
Another important task is to help set up and coordinate a ‘Rule of law clinic’. Hereby, you will link up with the initiatives that are already underway within the Faculty of Law, and work together with other lecturers.
- A PhD in law with a demonstrable interest in the interaction between domestic, international and/or European (public) law.
- Specific knowledge of either international economic law or European administrative law is considered an asset.
- An excellent command of the English language.
- A sound knowledge of Dutch, or the willingness to acquire this on relatively short notice.
- Excellent teaching skills and experience.
- A number of international publications in journals/volumes of good standing.
- Employment: 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5.656 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 12).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience. The use of a start-up scale is possible (scale 11, max. € 4.978)
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: Initially a contract for the duration of one year. The faculty intends to enter into an employment contract for one year twice, after which it is possible to continue indefinitely if functioning well.
- The intended start date is 1 July 2020.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. mr. R.J.B. Schutgens, Professor of Jurisprudence
Tel.: +31 24 3611548 / +31 24 3613088
Prof. mr. H.C.F.J.A. de Waele, Professor of International and European Law
Tel.: +31 24 3615707