Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor of North American and Transatlantic Studies
As an assistant professor working at the intersection of American politics and history in a transatlantic context, your primary tasks will be teaching and …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 4978 - € 4978 per maand
As an assistant professor working at the intersection of American politics and history in a transatlantic context, your primary tasks will be teaching and research. You will teach survey courses as well as specialised courses at the Bachelor's and Master's levels for students in the departments of English and North American Studies. In your teaching, the emphasis will lie on courses at the intersection of American politics and history in a transnational context. You are also expected to contribute to the further development of the Master's degree programme, which will have a focus on politics, diplomacy, culture and activism in a transatlantic context. You are able to contribute to our programmes' emphasis on an interdisciplinary and transnational approach to American Studies (in a geographic, methodological and theoretical sense) and to engage in our work on global conflicts and exchanges in international contexts. You will supervise undergraduate and graduate students in writing their theses.
Furthermore, you will be expected to bear administrative responsibility by participating in committees and/or project groups at the department or faculty level. Your research profile fits in with the agendas of the HLCS research groups that have a European-American focus such as the Cultures of War and Liberation groups or one of the other relevant research groups at the faculty.
- A doctoral degree (PhD) in American Studies or American history, politics and international relations.
- Ability to frame political and cultural developments in the transatlantic sphere.
- A University Teaching Qualification (BKO), or the willingness to take courses in order to obtain this qualification in a relatively short time.
- A series of relevant publications in leading international publication outlets to your name.
- Ability to supervise BA and MA theses effectively.
- An inspiring and demanding teacher, with ample teaching experience at all university levels.
- An interest and experience in administrative tasks and management.
- A native or near-native command of English.
- Ability to acquire externally funded research projects.
- An interest in and experience with the organisation of conferences.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4.978 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 2 years.
- The intended start date is 1 February 2020.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr. F. Mehring, Full Professor
Tel.: +31 24 361 55 17