1 dag geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Assistant Professor of Political Science
The chair group of Political Science at the Nijmegen School of Management (Radboud University) is looking for an Assistant Professor of Comparative Politics …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 4978 - € 4978 per maand
The chair group of Political Science at the Nijmegen School of Management (Radboud University) is looking for an Assistant Professor of Comparative Politics to help sustain our teaching in research methods (quantitative and qualitative) and further expand our research profile in comparative politics. You will contribute to the continuous high quality of education in the Bachelor's and Master's programmes in political science, particularly where quantitative and qualitative research methods in comparative politics are concerned.
This is an Assistant Professor position for 4 years, with time allocated both for both teaching and for research.
You will become part of a growing team of enthusiastic scholars in comparative politics. Together with the chair and colleagues in comparative politics, you will contribute to the development of a new research institute for the study of democracy and representative government. Further, you will participate in applications for external research funding (supported by our grant expert team) and develop your own research projects.
- A PhD degree in Political Science.
- High-quality research output, evidenced by a publication record in internationally recognised high-quality journals.
- The ambition and/or demonstrated ability to attract research funding.
- Ample teaching experience, proven effective teaching skills, the capacity to develop and implement innovative teaching methods, and proven ability to supervise the development and implementation of academic study programmes. A Dutch university teaching qualification (BKO or UKO) or equivalent would be an advantage. Experience with teaching courses in qualitative and quantitative research methods in comparative politics is required.
- Proven ability to inspire and supervise young scholars (MA students and PhD candidates).
- Proven ability to cooperate in a team environment.
- International experience and network.
- Excellent English language skills and a willingness to learn Dutch (if applicable).
- Knowledge about Dutch politics would be appreciated.
- Experience with dissemination of research results through contacts with practitioners, policy makers and/or media would be appreciated.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,978 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 4 years.
- The intended start date is 1 January 2020.
- Radboud University offers a dynamic position in an attractive work environment and has excellent conditions of employment, including an attractive retirement scheme and (partly paid) maternity leave.
- Under special circumstances, applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, by which 30% of their salary is tax free.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr. C. van Ham, Professor of Empirical Political Science