1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor of Social Psychology
The Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) and the School of Psychology and Artificial Intelligence (PSKI) at Radboud University invite applications for an …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 uur
The Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) and the School of Psychology and Artificial Intelligence (PSKI) at Radboud University invite applications for an Assistant Professor position. We are seeking a faculty member to expand our Behaviour Change and Well-Being (BCW) research programme and our Social and Cultural Psychology teaching programme.
We are looking for someone who can strengthen our research team within the domain of stereotyping, prejudice and diversity. We are especially interested in candidates with expertise on the cognitive and affective underpinnings of social perception, judgment and/or behaviour.
You will be teaching in the field of social psychology, including the two subdisciplines of social cognition and person perception, and prejudice and discrimination within the Master’s degree programme in Behaviour Change. Furthermore, you will supervise students at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels. You will teach in the Bachelor’s degree programme in Psychology, the Master’s degree programme in Behaviour Change, and the Research Master’s degree programme in Behavioural Science of the Behavioural Science Graduate School. Teaching will mainly be in English.
You will have a combined (50%) teaching and (50%) research position. You will be expected to regularly apply for external grant-based funding.
- a doctoral degree (PhD) in social psychology (or a related discipline);
- a number of international publications in prestigious, peer-reviewed journals, preferably about research on processes related to stereotyping and prejudice;
- you have successfully coordinated research projects and experience with supervising graduate students;
- you have excellent qualifications in quantitative research methodology and have experience with various quantitative research paradigms;
- you have developed a network of national and international partners;
- you have affinity with knowledge dissemination and valorisation;
- you are employing research practices that increase transparency in social science (e.g. pre-registration, data-sharing), or are willing to adopt such practices;
- you are an enthusiastic teacher and have experience with teaching and supervising undergraduate students (for which you received good or very good evaluations);
- you are a team player, i.e. you have excellent social skills and the ability and desire to collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines (e.g. within the Behavioural Science Institute);
- you are able and willing to contribute to organisational tasks;
- teaching experience/skills are evidenced by a certificate (BKO, the Basic University Teaching Qualification, or similar);
- an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- a very good command of Dutch or the willingness to learn Dutch in two years.
- employment: 0.8 FTE
- depending on qualifications and level of experience, the salary will be between € 3,475 and € 5,405 (salary scale 11 or 12), based on full-time employment
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: the initial appointment is for two years, with the possibility of permanency after excellent evaluation
- university job classification: Assistant Professor Level 1 or Level 2, depending on qualifications and level of experience
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Intended start date is 1 September 2018.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Rob Holland, Full Professor
Telefoon: +3124 361 26 81
Johan Karremans, Associate Professor
Telefoon: +3124 361 27 42
No commercial propositions please.