Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor Sociology
The Sociology department at Radboud University is looking for an Assistant Professor to further strengthen its educational programme and its highly reputed …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
The Sociology department at Radboud University is looking for an Assistant Professor to further strengthen its educational programme and its highly reputed research. Your educational responsibilities will be to coordinate and teach Sociology courses in our Bachelor’s programme in Sociology, Master’s programme entitled Sociology: Policy and Applied Research and Research Master’s programme in Social Cultural Sciences. Additionally, you will supervise students’ internships and theses.
For this position we seek a candidate with a research agenda in sociology. Possible domains of research may be related to inequality, family sociology, migration and integration issues, political sociology, or other domains that are part of the Sociology department’s research programme. You will be expected to have expertise in and affinity with advanced statistical techniques. Your ability to formulate relevant questions on these themes and provide rigorous answers is evidenced by publications in reputed journals in the social sciences. Efforts to create connections between academic research and public and policy debates will be appreciated.
You will be expected to:
- Carry out and coordinate excellent teaching in Dutch (50%).
- Be an inspiring, motivating and conscientious supervisor of internships as well as of Bachelor’s and Master’s theses.
- Perform and publish top-quality research (50%).
- Apply for external funding by submitting research proposals.
- Collaborate with researchers from the Sociology department and external scholars.
- Contribute evidence-based arguments to societal and policy debates.
- Be an inspiring member of our staff with excellent communication skills.
- Develop a network of national and international partners.
- A PhD degree in sociology, or an associated social science field (political science, educational sciences, communication science).
- An inspiring teacher and expertise in teaching at an academic level in Dutch and English.
- A university teaching qualification (BKO), or the willingness to acquire such a certificate within two years (with a priority for the module on coaching).
- An excellent track record in academic research, as evidenced by publications in international academic journals.
- Good social, communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, advanced research methods and statistical techniques.
- Preferably experience in the acquisition of external research funding.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (C1 level).
- An excellent command of written and spoken Dutch.
- Transparency of research practices (e.g. pre-registration, data sharing, data management).
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of either €4,978 or €5,656 based on a 38-hour working week.
- The exact salary will depend on your education and (relevant) work experience, and can be in scale 11 or 12.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: Upon positive evaluation after 2 years: permanent position.
- The intended start date is 1 January 2020.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr. Gerbert Kraaykamp, Director RSCR/Program leader Sociology
Tel.: + 31 24 361 30 13
Prof. dr. Ellen Verbakel, Professor of general and theoretical sociology