Associate Professor of Marketing
As Associate Professor of Marketing you will be part of the chair group of Marketing at the Department of Business Administration. It is expected that you …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 6133 - € 6133 per maand
As Associate Professor of Marketing you will be part of the chair group of Marketing at the Department of Business Administration. It is expected that you will focus on the management (or strategic) aspects of marketing with an emphasis on innovation-related topics and, in doing so, will closely cooperate with the full professor in this domain.
The Chair of Marketing has the ambition to become a front-runner in the emerging stream of marketing researchers who aim at a more holistic approach to marketing which also includes a responsibility to society at large; you will be expected to actively support this ambition. It is also expected that you will strengthen the ‘hot spot’ of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Business Ecosystems and emphasise innovation-related topics in your research. Furthermore, you will contribute to the further development of concepts and theoretical frameworks for understanding the co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in product and service development contexts.
As Associate Professor of Marketing, you will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- coordinate and provide high-quality courses in the BSc and MSc programmes of the Department of Business Administration;
- initiate and/or participate in activities aimed at disseminating academic insights to societal stakeholders;
- publish regularly on the results of this research in leading international academic journals;
- initiate, on a regular basis, grant applications for additional funding from governmental, European or private institutions to boost research in the field of marketing and/or innovation;
- develop proposals for PhD research and supervise PhD candidates;
- support the coordinator of the hot spot of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Business Ecosystems;
- initiate, supervise and carry out high-quality research activities in the field of marketing with an emphasis on innovation-related topics;
- support the full professors in the co-ordination of teaching, research and administration activities in the Marketing group;
- contribute to the management of the department and/or NSM.
The applicant should meet the following criteria:
- PhD degree in Marketing or in a related social science discipline or management field;
- good reputation within the marketing field as evidenced by an excellent publication record in internationally recognised high-impact journals and an active involvement in international collaborative networks;
- proven experience in attracting research funds from research councils and other external parties;
- at least five years of experience in teaching in the field of marketing or related fields at university level;
- excellent teaching record;
- excellent oral and written English language skills;
- proven ability to supervise and inspire PhD candidates;
- proven ability to collaborate across disciplinary boundaries;
- proven ability to support an academic organisation in its administrative tasks as evidenced by coordination of a teaching programme and/or membership of internal committees and councils (such as a scientific advisory committee or examination board);
- an enthusiastic team player who can inspire others and is willing to take the lead.
- employment: 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 6,133 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 13)
- the salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- term of contract: fixed-term contract for two years. Possibility of extension and permanent contract depending on your performance
- you will be classified as an Associate Professor, Level 3 in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
The intended start date is 1 August 2019
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Prof. dr. J. Bloemer, Professor of Marketing
Prof. B. Hillebrand, Professor of Marketing
No commercial propositions please.