We are looking for a talented PhD candidate that is willing to fabricate, characterize and measure the performance of nano- and micro-scale pioneer thermal …
Associate Professor of Strategic HRM (SHRM)
As (senior) Associate Professor of SHRM you will be part of the chair group of Strategic Human Resource Management. Together with the other members of the …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 6567 - € 6567 per maand
As (senior) Associate Professor of SHRM you will be part of the chair group of Strategic Human Resource Management. Together with the other members of the chair group, you will further develop the quality and impact of the group’s research and teaching activities.
The ambition of the chair group is to become an international centre of expertise on sustainable careers and employability for responsible organisations. You will be expected to be strongly committed to act as a driving force for realising the SHRM group’s ambition.
As Associate Professor of SHRM, you will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- to provide high-quality courses in the scholarly domain of SHRM;
- to develop, supervise and carry out high-quality research activities in the field of SHRM;
- to publish regularly in leading international academic journals;
- to acquire and develop PhD projects and supervise PhD candidates;
- to successfully obtain funding from governmental, European and/or private institutions;
- to establish solid contacts with working organisations and other relevant community groups in order to invest in societally relevant (research) collaborations, networks and valorisation efforts;
- to participate actively in and contribute to the Nijmegen School of Management’s internationalisation activities;
- to inspire and coach young scholars, and to stimulate them in the successful development of their academic career.
You should meet the following criteria:
- a PhD degree in Business Administration or the Social Sciences;
- an excellent reputation within the field of SHRM, evidenced by a strong publication record in internationally recognised, high-quality social sciences and management journals;
- experience with attracting research funds from research councils and other external parties;
- ample teaching experience, proven effective teaching skills, the capacity to develop and implement innovative teaching methods, and proven ability to supervise the development and implementation of an academic study programme. A Dutch senior university teaching qualification (UKO) or equivalent would be an advantage;
- proven ability to inspire and supervise young scholars (PhD candidates);
- proven ability to cooperate with and inspire a team of professionals;
- substantial international experience and network;
- excellent English language skills.
Your reputation should be evident from your CV and publication record. As the group wishes to foster cooperation with other departments of Business Administration, it would be a definite plus if you are familiar with theoretical discussions in these fields and with multidisciplinary research.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 6,567 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 14)
- the salary depends on qualifications and experience
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- term of contract: fixed-term contract for 4 years with an evaluation after 2 years. Possibility of extension and permanent contract depending on your performance and the Faculty’s financial situation
- you will be classified as an Associate Professor, Level 1 in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO);
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
The intended start date is 1 January 2019.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Prof. dr. Beatrice van der Heijden, Chair Strategic HRM and Professor of Business Administration
Telefoon: +31 24 3615454
Prof. dr. Yvonne Benschop, Professor of Business Administration
Telefoon: +31 24 3613007
No commercial propositions please.