Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Full Professor in the Area of Fundamental Physics from Strong Gravity
As part of a structural broadening of its research activities in Theoretical Particle and Gravitational Physics, the Department of High-Energy Physics at …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 8127 - € 8127 per maand
As part of a structural broadening of its research activities in Theoretical Particle and Gravitational Physics, the Department of High-Energy Physics at Radboud University seeks to appoint a Full Professor of Fundamental Physics from Strong Gravity as soon as possible. As a full professor you are expected to establish a novel theoretical research line in the department, dedicated to investigating gravitational systems in extreme regimes and aimed at advancing our understanding of the foundations of gravity and spacetime. Expertise in relevant numerical/computational methods beyond perturbation theory will be considered an asset. Your research profile must complement existing activities in Quantum Gravity and Quantum Field Theory in a meaningful way.
- You are a leading international expert in strong gravity, with a substantial track record of independent, original research and with in-depth theoretical knowledge of general relativity and (quantum) field theory.
- You are able to inspire and motivate others, and are excited by the opportunity to set up a new research activity in the department, engaging with your colleagues in a constructive way.
- You have proven qualities as a teacher and supervisor, have clear ideas on how to teach effectively and will contribute to broadening and further developing our educational programme.
- You have an engaging and open-minded attitude and are ready to contribute actively to a scientifically vibrant, productive and interactive workplace, where people respect each other and each other’s ideas.
- You will supervise students, do your share in organisational and management tasks at the departmental and institutional levels, and play an active part in outreach activities.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 8,127 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale H2).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: indefinite period.
- if you have taken parental, maternity or care leave, this will be taken into account when evaluating the track record.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- The Faculty of Science is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community. It has an active Gender and Diversity Policy in place and encourages applications from women and minorities.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof.dr. R. Loll, professor